𝟏. 𝐅𝐄𝐀𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑

𝗺𝗲𝗺𝗲𝗻𝘁𝗼 𝗺𝗼𝗿𝗶

𝗺𝗲𝗺𝗲𝗻𝘁𝗼 𝗺𝗼𝗿𝗶.
s4e1

THE HOT BLAZING SUN was unforgiving, but the morning air made the weather quite agreeable. Life at the prison got easier with time, they had enough space so that everyone had their own cell, allowing them to bring back a bit of the old world's privacy, ignoring the shared bathroom and showers of course.

As the clock ticked 9 o'clock, Magnolia had just woken up. Scratching her neck, and letting her hair loose, she got up, grabbed the first shirt and pants she saw, she began to get dressed.

- Lia? - She heard that comforting voice she knew so well, calling from outside her cell.

- Come in, just getting dressed. - She answered out of breath from pushing up her pants, and then sitting on her bed, to make it easier to put on her boots.

- Mind to come and help me with breakfast? The girl that was supposed to come got the flu or something. Got lots of people to feed. - Carol said leaning on the wall, grinning at her daughter.

- Amm, sure. Just this once, though. I've had enough with these people complaining about my cooking. - Magnolia stated, noticing the smirk on her mother's face - Seriously, mom, they're never satisfied. You burn their eggs ONCE, and suddenly you can never hear enough of it. - They went downstairs, heading outside to the kitchen.

- Well, take it as a chance to redeem yourself, hun! Come on, chop chop. - Carol answered pushing her daughter through the door, with her hands on her shoulders.

Getting there, they noticed that Patrick, a teenage boy from Woodbury, had already started to prepare the food for everyone. Magnolia smiled, knowing she wouldn't have to do anything that morning.

- Good morning, ma'am, good morning Mags! - Patrick said enthusiastically, while cutting up some meat to be grilled.

- Good morning, Patrick! Already working, huh? - Carol said, inspecting what the boy was doing.

- Hey, why does she get ma'am and I get a lame nickname? I deserve some respect too! - The girl said playfully, leaning over the table and giggling to herself as she saw the boy blushing.

- Lia, get off his back. - Carol said smirking at her daughter's willingness to make people uncomfortable.

- Gotta assert my authority, you know. - She now sat, grabbing an apple and cleaning it on her shirt.

She sat chatting, eating her apple and observing the walkers through the fences. Day after day, more and more appeared at their door, as if they could just sense fresh meat through miles away. Even after the Governor was supposedly defeated, their worries didn't cease. They now had multiple mouths to feed, and, most of the people from Woodsbury weren't exactly the most reliable ones went it came to taking their chances out in the world to go scavenging supplies or hunting for food. They meant well, and generally they were good people, but most of the time they were a burden more than they were helpful.