Chapitre 12

In the days that followed, Levanah found herself confined to her chamber, the weight of psychological fatigue overshadowing any physical exhaustion she might have felt. Though her wounds had mended and the bruises began to fade to yellow, inwardly, she was still engulfed in chaos. The memory of Eric's death haunted her relentlessly, each replay amplifying her guilt for not preventing his fatal blow. Her father, in his destructive rage, had dismantled all she had painstakingly built. Amidst this turmoil, a letter arrived from Hélion, bearing news of Viviane's deep concern and an open invitation to return to the Winter Court, regardless of the task at hand. Through his words, Hélion attempted to offer solace, albeit strained.

Seated on the balcony, clutching the letter, Levanah drew her legs close to her chest, resting her head upon them as silent tears fell. She longed for home, for the sanctuary of her house at the edge of the wintry forest. Her refuge.

Recollections surfaced of Feyre's unexpected visit. Levanah had been taken aback by the presence of the High Lady, their acquaintance only surface-level, devoid of meaningful conversation. Yet, Feyre's patience prevailed, gradually unveiling tales of post-war life. Despite Feyre's offer to explore the city, Levanah vehemently declined, wanting no part of it. Sensing her reluctance, Feyre left behind a stack of books on her nightstand, a subtle gesture of companionship.

Levanah's appearance reflected her inner turmoil: disheveled hair, unkempt attire worn for days, and eyes ringed with exhaustion. The trays of food brought by Cerridwen and Nuala remained largely untouched.

Still locked in herself, she didn't hear the person enter her room. They sat down beside her. Contemplating the view of the starlit city, even several days after her arrival, Levanah still couldn't take her eyes off that city so well hidden. She hated finding this city beautiful, comparable to a jewel.

"Hey Lev, how are you today?" Nesta's calm voice was heard.

Levanah finally looked at her friend. Several times she had kept her company, sometimes they talked, sometimes they simply enjoyed each other's presence. The pregnancy had progressed well, Nesta's dresses couldn't hide her belly anymore. The due date was approaching, Levanah knew. Nesta was strangely serene as the date approached. When Levanah asked her how it was possible, Nesta replied that she trusted her, and Elain had no doubts about her abilities. At that moment, the young woman realized that the second  of the three sisters was actually a seer. She couldn't help but shiver.

I'm... alright," came her tepid response.

"It's time to prepare. I'm taking you to Cass and mine's place," Nesta declared, turning towards her friend.

"I'm fine here, Nesta. Especially with your baby coming soon..."

"Levanah, you're not fine. It's been ten days since you've left this room. Your only connection to the outside world is me and Rhys... it's not healthy."

"Rhysand hasn't visited in a week," she murmured.

"I didn't catch that. What did you say?"

"Never mind. Just leave me be."

"No. Come on, get up."

Rising abruptly, Nesta moved towards Levanah, who reluctantly met her gaze. Gripping her friend's arm, Nesta's determination was palpable.

"Nes, you're hurting me," Levanah protested weakly, attempting to pull away.

"You're coming with me. Cassian agrees. It's not safe for you to be alone."

"What's the point, Nesta? I have no desire to do anything. I'm better off alone. I'll only end up hurting you, and my father—"

"Your father is a coward if he thinks he can harm me, Lev. He's weak, seeking only to cause you pain." Nesta's tone softened as she knelt before her friend, offering comfort.