CHAPTER FIFTEEN

CHAPTER FIFTEEN

𐙚⊹₊⋆

Warnings: arguing, mention of self harm

   Millie stayed over that night, not wanting to go home

   Millie stayed over that night, not wanting to go home. Juraj, of course, let her stay. He couldn't let her wander the streets alone at night. Not that he wouldn't have driven her if she had asked, but she didn't. They cuddled all night on the couch.

   Juraj had planned on going to the gym in the morning. They also had practice at ten since they were playing the Washington Capitals that evening.

   "You don't have to go if you're not to it." He said as he talked about his upcoming game. He snaked his arms around her waist while she sat at the island, busy on her phone.

   "I'll see." She continued scrolling on Instagram, putting off getting ready for work. She again had the opening shift, but she had to get used to it. He kissed her shoulder, grabbed his bag, and left.

   Millie finally put her phone away and went to get ready. They had only known each other for a few months, but she already had a designated drawer for her clothes when she stayed over.

   Thirty minutes later, she was leaving the apartment. She basically dragged herself the whole way there. She really didn't have any energy whatsoever.

   She entered through the back door and began getting ready for the day and waiting for the delivery of freshly baked goods to arrive.

   Once it came, she neatly put it on the display and turned the sign on the door from closed to open and patiently waited for the customers to come. Saturdays were usually slow. Not many people came.

-☆-

-☆-

   Her shift ended at one o'clock, and the day was slow, as expected

   Her shift ended at one o'clock, and the day was slow, as expected. She threw off her jacket and laid down on the couch, exhausted. She didn't even do anything that hard. Why am I so tired?

   A knock on the door forced her to get up. She opened it and was greeted with the face of Emmalee, "What the hell do you want?"

   She ripped off the necklace that was on her neck. Millie's eyes filled with tears. She got her that necklace. It meant everything to them, well, just Millie now. She bought it with her own allowance for her birthday. It wasn't cheap either. She just wanted to get her a nice present. It was made of silver, complimenting the girl's fair skin beautifully. In the middle was an ametyst crystal, Emmalee's birthstone. The purple stone went along perfectly with her bright Green eyes.

   "What the fuck is wrong with you?" Millie spat at the redhead.

   "You're one to talk, Millie."

   "God, you can't even use my full name because you're so fucking selfish!" She yelled.

   "Not my fault you're so easy to manipulate." She smiled almost maniacally.

   "You should be locked up in a mental asylum."

   "At least I wasn't. You can't say the same." Millie's heart shattered right then and there. She just lost the tiny bit of respect she had left for the younger.

   "I knew I shouldn't have told you anything. You were– I mean you still are an immature bitch."

   "I may be an immature bitch, but atleast I'm not a depressed bitch. Look at those horrendous scars on your arms and legs. Has your lover boy seen those? I bet if he did, he'd be long gone," She lifted the sleeves on her long sleeved t-shirt, "Oh, fresh ones. He'll love those, won't he?"

  "Fuck you. Fuck you! As if you don't have your own faults!" She tugged down her t-shirt to quickly hide her injuries.

   Emmalee scoffed, "They're not as bad as yours."

   "So you fragile little ego can handle not being the center of attention? Or something as small as someone having a similar name to yours? Oh wait, what's my name?" The confident smirk on her face was wiped off, "Right, you were too scared of being overshadowed by me, your friend, so you forced me to change my whole identity! Because you're a corrupted narcissist that's messed up in the head!"

   "You don't know how hard my life is."

   "You know every fucking detail of my life and still have the audacity to say that?" She moved closer to her. Emmalee shrunk, "Let me break it to you, but your life is really fucking easy, little girl."

   Millie slammed the door in her face. The boulder of thoughts and opinions about the girl was destroyed. Now,  she just had to remove the photos and memorabilia. She grabbed each framed photo and threw it in the trash, her nerves finally calming.

   The encounter made her so frustrated. She knew that the young girl thought a lot about herself, but today, she took it too far, going as far as to talk about her past mental problems. To hell with past, they are current problems.

✮ ⋆ ˚。𖦹 ⋆。°✩

✮ ⋆ ˚。𖦹 ⋆。°✩

CHAPTER FIFTEEN