Butterfly Breathing

Butterfly Breathing derives from Insect Breathing

It replicates butterflies, especially the gracefulness and agility of the creature and replicates it into the users movements, techniques, and abilities. All of the techniques involve complex movements, jumps, and speeds. If the user has mastered Butterfly Breathing, visualize themselves creating and manipulating butterflies when unleashing techniques.

Weapon: Nichirin Sword

Color: Pink

Demon Slayer Mark:

Demon Slayer Mark:

User: Shinoe Kocho

User: Shinoe Kocho

Forms: 9

First Form: Winged Dance- The user utilizes their weapon and unleashes a series of straight forward thrust attacks to strike the target's weaker points. This form specializes in attacking areas like joints or pressure points in order to impede a target's movements, allowing the practitioner to take advantage of the opponent's temporarily weakened state.

Second Form: Butterfly's Descent- The user must be in a free fall or striking the opponent below them. The user rotates their body to face their target before unleashing a series of weaker yet long range slashes. The use of short range slashes allows for the practitioner to conserve their energy for more strikes, and the longer range slashes let the practitioner strike from a safer range.

Third Form: Fluttering Strikes- Much like a butterfly flapping its wings in this form the user utilizes their weapon to send a number of forward moving strikes from both sides towards their target, repeatedly striking. While being similar to the first form of this style, this form allows the practitioner to easily strike from both sides and further disorientate their target.

Fourth Form: Encapsulated Wings- The user unleashes a series of short range slashes against their target, unlike other forms within this style, this one focuses on utilizing short range slashes to immediately sever limbs and hamper a target's offensive ability. While being rather simple, this form can be used if the practitioner is face to face with immediate danger or an unsuspecting opponent.

Fifth Form: Flowing Flight - The user unleashes a singular, curved slash to strike their opponent. The slash is weaker than most, but, even while it is weaker the slash allows the practitioner to strike multiple points on a target with extreme precision. A rather simplistic style but quite useful because it allows for a practitioner to wear through their target's stamina and bodily resources which will eventually lead to a much weaker opponent if the practitioner maintains consistent striking x

Sixth Form: Fragile Entrapment- The user repeated dashes around their opponent, as if they were trapping their target in a cage. While the practitioner moves around their target they will unleash long range slashes to strike their target, allowing the practitioner to strike from practically all angles and making it quite difficult for the target to escape away from the practitioner.

Seventh Form: Entangled Butterflies- The user thrusts their weapon towards their target as is they were attempting to stab, however, as their weapon nears the target the practitioner will actually unleash a series of short range and rapid slashes. If not obvious, this form is meant to fool the target by making it seem as if the practitioner is utilizing a certain style of attack when they're actually using another, almost like a butterfly using its wings to disguise itself from predators.

Eight Form: Purple Monarch's Path- The user launches towards their target in a straight line, stabbing their weapon into the target's torso before unleashing a series of slashes to shred to shred the target's body. This form is better suited to when the practitioner quickly needs to disable a target.

Ninth Form: Graceful Flight- This form, isn't the traditional form. To be exact in that statement I mean that instead of being sword movements this form is more so built around the use of concentration breathing to enhance the user's body in one particular way. In this form the practitioner utilizes their concentration breathing to make themselves much faster by strengthening their legs and making themselves feel almost weightless, allowing the practitioner to move around and unseen grace and speed. This speed allowing the practitioner to easily gain an advantage over a target.