Bound By Honor

One-shot takes place between Chapters 27 and 28 of Sonic RESURGENCE. For more context, check out the story on my account!

Paring: Buntoine

Characters: Antoine D'Coolette, Armand D'Coolette, Councilman Beauregard Rabbot, Vanessa "Vanilla" Rabbot

Setting: D'Coolette Household, New Mobotropolis, Acornia (Year 3327)

Plot: Antoine calls his father and asks for him, Councilman Beauregard Rabbot, and Vanilla to ask them something important.

D'Coolette Resident, New Mobotropolis, Acornia

Antoine D'Coolette was determined. Nervous, but determined. Then again, Antoine had always

As a young lad, he was raised to be a nobleman worthy of standing among the elite of Acornia and defending the land against invaders. After all, his bloodline was the Sword to the Crowd.

Due to this, Antoine had a silver spoon in his mouth and felt entitled to the privileged qualities of such a life, including the respect of commoners and fellow noblemen, and he deserved the hand of a grand woman, like the princess.

Hence, for some of his life, Antoine acted like a snooty, uptight, and self-entitled brat.

Thankfully (and unfortunately), Naugus the Dark's coup d'etat of November 21st had curbed these tendencies, but in return, it had developed the Mobian coyote to become the nervous wreck and coward that most people see him on the surface level.

And how harshly his father, Armand, treated him during his basic training, swordsmanship, and etiquette lessons in the Knothole Sanctuary did not help Antoine's nerves. Especially given the loss of his mother, Marie D'Coolette née Depardieu, to Neuro-Immune Deficiency Syndrome or NIDS which claimed her life a year before the coup.

In spite of his shortcomings, Antoine had a hidden courage that surfaced after Princess Sally Acorn swore to take her kingdom back from Naugus the Dark. Thus, Sally, Bunnie, Rotor, and himself, under the leadership of the remaining elders (his father included) created a band that would later be known as the Knothole Freedom Fighters.

For twelve years, Antoine D'Coolette spent his time growing up as a soldier, swordsman, and a young man. He's feared, cried, got full of himself, made mistakes, and eventually, conquered some of his greatest flaws and fears. The coyote managed to do this, not just with the support of his father, elders, and comrades, but because of the brimming courage that lies underneath the faux bravado and pride that was required for the heir to the D'Coolette and Depardieu family that hail from the lost Merica kingdom of the Spagonia nation.

However, no person had a bigger impact on Antoine's life than the strongest member of the Knothole Freedom Fighter and the cyborg Mobian rabbit, Scarlet "Bunnie" Rabbot.

Due to taking the first step into manhood by saving the partially crystallized girl, Antoine saving Bunnie's life caused the two to come closer. Bunnie learning to walk and live with her cybernetic limbs prompted the young man to reevaluate his life and grow past his immaturity to better himself for his team and to be there for Bunnie.

This all built up to the day before the Day of Reckoning three years ago. Before the Battle Of Mobotropolis and with some encouragement from Rotor and Sally, Antoine finally confessed his growing feelings, And much to his surprise, Bunnie reciprocated and vowed to survive the upcoming battle to be together. Ever since, through thick and thin, Bunnie and Antoine had been inseparable.

And since the arrival of the Knothole Orphans' long lost friends, Sonic and Tails, Antoine felt that the end of the war was drawing near. While his fearful hunch told him that something large was bound to happen with the collaboration of Naugus and Dr. J. Ivo Robotnik, he believed that the Mobian Alliance had a chance with Sonic's plan and the help of the Guardian Unit of Nations (GUN).