3. A eye for a dragon

- : - : - "Is she my daughter?" - : -: -

126 -  Driftmark

Rhaella was awoken by the sound of a scream. She quickly looked over to Helaena but she was still in a deep sleep. Again a scream was heard. Rhaella crawled out of her bed and took on a robe. She went to the chamber door and when she opended it she could hear yelling from down the corridor. 

When she arrived at were the sound was coming from she saw Jacaerys, Lucerys, Baela and Rhaena all fighting against Aemond. Aemond pushed down Jacaerys just for the little Lucerys to attack him. After Lucerys now also laid on the ground Jacaerys got up and pushed Aemond to the ground. Jacaerys was ontop of Aemond punching him. Rhaella quickly ran forward pushing Jacaerys of and getting ontop of him while punching him in his face. Baela and Rhaena began attacking Rhaella while Lucerys was being choked by Aemond. 

While the girls were too busy fighting among themselves Jacaerys pulled out a knife he had hidden in his tunic. When the girls heard a gruesome scream coming from Aemond they all stopped. Rhaella looked to the boys seeing Lucerys with a knife in his hand and Aemond on the ground clinging his hand to his eye. Rhaella quickly understood what had happend. She hurried over to Aemond holding him until some guards came. 

- : - : - : - : - : -

Residents of Driftmark along with the kings family was stood in the Hall of nine. The king was yelling at the guards for not looking after the children. While Rhaella stood beside Aemond holding his hand while a maester attended to his wound. Rhaella took Aegons hand into her free one and gave him a reassuring smile after Alicent had slapped him for something that wasn't his fault. 

Lord Corlys and Princess Rhaenys entred the room and immediately embraced Baela and Rhaena. Rhaella wished she had someone like that. The door opened again this time it was Rhaenyra and Daemon who entered. While Rhaenyra immediatly went over to her children. Daemon didn't walk over to his he just stood leaning against the door frame which Rhaella found strange. 

"Who did this?" Rhaenyra asked her youngest son worried. Aemond yelled "They attacked me!" causing alot of yelling among all the children. 

"Silence!" yelled the king wich made everyone stop to look at him. "Rhaella, i will have the truth of what happend i trust you to tell it to me." Viserys said giving her a small smile. "Of course, unc- father" Rhaella said almost exposing the truth. 

Rhaella stood up and let go of Aegon and Aemonds hands but before she could say anything Alicent interupted her. "What more is there to hear?. You're son has been maimed her son is responsible".