𝙄𝙩 𝙘𝙤𝙢𝙚𝙨 𝙬𝙝𝙚𝙣 𝙬𝙚 𝙨𝙡𝙚𝙚𝙥.

It comes when we sleep. There was a thud upstairs. The noise came from the crawlspace in the attic. I stared at the ceiling of my dark room, listening to each creak of the floorboards above. No matter how many locks were on the door, it still managed to get in without leaving a trade behind.

I held back tears, my heart running wild in my ribcage. My body was sent into a cold sweat as my eyes trailed down to the door of my room, only a dim light showed the empty hallway.

There were quiet, inhuman noises that echoed down the hallway. I held my breath and pulled the covers over my head slowly, making the least amount of noise possible.

Step. Step. Step.

The floor groaned with each step of the monster as it drew nearer. I heard the clicking and cracking of the creatures jaw as it's presence stood over me. I prayed the creature would move onto the next room, thinking I wasn't here.

A breath from the creatures mouth brushed over the covers that his my face. It was mere inches away before it turned around with a guttural grumble and walked out of the room.

Once the creature was out of the room, I peeked my eyes up. The creature in abnormally tall and it's face was gaunt, also lacking a nose. It had long teeth and no lips, almost like a skeleton. It's arms were long and gangly, so long that they scraped along the floor as it walked. It was almost as if it's bones were about to tear through its skin like it would tissue paper.

I let out a shaking breath, seeing that the creature left for the room across the hall. My little sister's room.

I bit my lip, holding back the sob that dared to make a noise. I could hear the creature move around in the room, whispering to itself. I listened as the bed was moved in her room before hearing a loud thunk.

My hand slowly covered my mouth as silent tears rolled down my cheeks. The creature shuffled out of her room and back towards the stairs. It dragged my little sister by her foot behind it, bringing her into the attic before shutting the door behind it.