Chapter 1

| Emily's POV |

It was 5:00 pm, As clubs and practice for sports ended I closed my locker, finishing up a chapter in my book. I bumped into someone and dropped my book, losing my page how rude! I thought. Then said in an annoyed tone. "Don't you know how to go around people, idiot?" I looked up and froze. It was Theo, the captain of the Soccer team. His expression was unreadable. "Uh, I apologize, I didn't-" He spoke up, his deep voice sounds like it came out of a movie.. "Its fine, I guess. It happens. Where are you coming from?" he said, looking down at me. God, hes so damn tall. "Oh I, uh..." I cleared my throat "Book club. What about you?"

| Theo's POV |

"Soccer." I said, chuckling a bit. "I thought it would be obvious, since i'm in a soccer outfit and carrying around a soccer ball."  I look down at her from my 6'1 height. "Y'know.." I lean down, getting face to face. "You're pretty short, And surprisingly cute, for a book nerd." I chuckle slightly as heat rises to her cheeks. "Embarrassed?" I smiled, enjoying this. She stuttered out a response... "I-..shut up!" she turned away.  I chuckle again, seeing how easily she changed her attitude. "Awe..anyways...what's your name beautiful?"

| Emily's POV |

"Carter. Emily Carter." I said. He can see right through me! ugh! I sigh and look away. "What about you?" "Parker. Theo Parker." He laughed. "I thought I was popular but I guess my name skipped over a few. You included." He said, A smirk grew on his face. "What are you smiling at." I said sharply, "Nothings funny.." I crossed my arms and looked away. He chuckled again. Why is he laughing? what's funny? I thought...

| Theo's POV |

"You, I'm smiling at you. Your acting so embarrassed. Anyway, Emily..I gotta go, but before I do...Could I have your number? Just so we can keep in touch, you'll never know if we will bump into each other like this alone in a hallway."  I took out my phone as she started to speak, "Fine. Only because of that one reason." She said, acting annoyed. "Your acting should be improved, your a very bad actor." I chuckled.

| Emily's POV |

I scoffed. The nerve of this guy. "Your so funny." I said sarcastically and rolled my eyes. "I get that alot. Anyway, my number is xxx-xxx-9426." He said, showing me his phone number. "Mine is xxx-xxx-3426."  I said showing him after I typed in his. "We have the same last three digits." He chuckled. "Yeah.. huh." I said as I noticed. "Anyway, I got to go, its already raining." I said, looking outside as the clouds started to get darker as the rain pours.

| Theo's POV |

"I guess it is. Well, I can drive you home? I wouldn't be a gentleman if I didn't, right?" I chuckle. I saw her process it. "Its better than walking in the rain." She paused, before continuing. "You aren't trying to kidnap me, are you? She joked. "No, No i'm not." I chuckle. "You may be pretty, but I wouldn't kidnap you." I said with a small smirk. "Alright...Only cause its pouring already." She said. we walked out to my car, after we got in I turned on my heat to warm us up from the cold rain. I started the car and drove onto the road. I start to head down the highway.

| Emily's POV |

"I uh...thanks, by the way." I said, I crossed my arms. "Um..My address is rocky-road Avenue. So you don't take me to a random house." I said, reminding him. "Alright, I got it, it will be about 15 minutes." He said, Then stopped at a red stoplight and looked at me. "Since its only like..5:20, do you wanna go get something to eat? My treat." He said, looking me in my eyes. I thought for a second.. "I guess, I mean it won't hurt." I said, looking away.

| Theo's POV |

"Alright, so.. You want to go to that milkshake place that just opened? I heard its good, good milkshakes and food." I said. I'm confused..why did she turn away? am I making her uncomfortable?? "Emily?" I said, subconsciously. "Yeah?" She said, looking back at him. "You alright? Something wrong?" I said, genuinely confused. "Hm? No, i guess I'm lost in thought." She said. "Oh, alright." I said, pulling into the milkshake parlor. I parked my car and shut it off, reaching back behind my seat and grabbing an umbrella. "Give me a minute." I said then get out of the car and open the umbrella, then walk over and open the door, holding out my hand while my other is holding the umbrella so Emily doesn't get soaked in the ice cold rain. "C'mon." I smiled.

| Emily's POV |

"...Oh, Thanks." I grabbed Theo's hand and got out of the car, shutting the door. "What's your favorite flavor? I stick with the basics, Mines Mint chocolate chip milkshakes." I said. We started walking, then realized we were still holding hands. We chuckled and let go of each other as we stepped in and he closed his umbrella. "Mines vanilla. Pretty basic." He said. "You are basic." I said jokingly. "Wow, Maybe we should go on a date, I bet I'd change your mind." He said teasingly. Wow. He really just said that?? "Is that an invitation?" I said, joking, but it sounded like it was a genuine question. He looked at me and my eyes smirked. "Would you like it to be?" He said flirtatiously. "I- shut up, Theo." I said and turned away. He chuckled.

| Theo's POV |

"What?" I chuckled, grabbing her chin. "Well...would you?" She had a faint blush on her face and glanced away. "How about..we order our milkshakes and talk about this in the car?" I said, letting go of her chin. "Fine.." She mumbled. We got our milkshakes and went back into my car. "So, I can drop you off at home, and we can set up a date for tomorrow if you were serious, Em." I said, taking a sip of my vanilla milkshake.

| Emily's POV |

"I mean..I have nothing better to do with my Friday night." I said, drinking my own milkshake. "Well, let's get you home." He said, he started driving towards my house. A couple minutes later he dropped me off. "Thanks, I guess." I said, getting out the car and shutting the door, it stopped raining by now. "I'll text you?" He asked. "Yeah, Yeah that'll be fine." I said, I Walked into my house and shut the door.