𝟎𝟐. 𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐭𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐦 𝟗 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝟑/𝟒

════════ • 🐍 • ════════

September first arrived far quicker than anyone anticipated. King's Cross Station had been crowded to say the least, but platform nine and three-quarters was worse. Wizards and witches alike bustled along the strip as parents and children departed from one another. There were several first years in tears, experiencing separation anxiety for the first time, while the seventh years couldn't wait to be on their way—practically groaning as their parents beckoned them back for a proper goodbye.

Narcissa was doting on Draco, much to Lucius's chagrin. The patriarchy figure of the Malfoy house insisted they were meant to set an example of what perfect pure-blood families looked like when sending away their children for the path of greatness; however, Eloise could detect a hint of inflection that implied her uncle would miss them both while never actually admitting that fact aloud.

When the children were finally granted permission to make their place in the wizarding world, they didn't hesitate to board the train—albeit only after throwing a last glance back over their shoulder with one final goodbye.

"I say we split up," Draco suggested, eyeing the train cabins with a look of greed. "Find the best of the best pure-blood families before sharing our finds and making the final decision of who we'll be associating ourselves with."

"Then what's the point of splitting up?" Eloise asked, crossing her arms as she rolled her eyes.

"To divide and conquer, obviously," Draco retorted. "The train ride is only so long and our time is limited."

"Alright, fine," Eloise begrudgingly agreed. "Which way are you going?"

"This way," Draco replied, pointing to his right. Eloise could have sword she'd seen Crabbe and Goyle head that way earlier.

She frowned. "You're just ditching me for your friends."

"It's not my fault you never made any of your own," Draco scoffed.

She rolled her eyes. "Yes, because the likes of Pansy Parkinson and Millicent Bulstrode would make excellent friends. Come on, Draco. You only hang around with those two buffoons because they do everything you say."

"Father says that in the wizarding world there are leaders and there are minions," Draco countered. "So it's about time that you decide which you'll be, cousin."

"Then go to your minions," Eloise insisted, waving him on. "I don't need you anyway."

Draco rolled his eyes, muttering under his breath something about a tantrum before walking down the corridor and stepping inside a cabin three doors down from their conversation.