Message from author

This'll be quick.

Hi everyone! Thanks to the small amount of people who will be sticking around and supporting this book! It honestly means a lot to me.

Now, this won't be a perfect piece of literature. I'm not a professional, I'm definitely nowhere close to the art that Anne rice can make.

But I will be improving.

Warnings: sexual tension, smut, domestic violence, racism, sexual assault, drinking, verbal and almost physical parental abuse.
If you feel uncomfortable then please leave.

And I would like to make even more clear, this will be based around the television show version of interview with a vampire, NOT the books or movies. So if you don't like the show then there's a slight chance this won't be for you.

Unless, of course, you'd just want to give it a chance.

Also, I'm very aware that avantika is a BROWN girl, not a BLACK girl. I've made it clear in the past that I'm becoming more inclusive myself. I used to always have my original characters be other races but headcanon them as still black.

I'm no longer falling into that pressure and letting myself nearly look down on myself. I'm proud to be who I am.

I know the series mostly focuses on racism towards black when racism is brought up but as of right now you may imagine Candice as what you like. Between black or brown.

Candice is also a lesbian no, I haven't currently written a love interest for her which is pretty surprising for me. Maybe I don't always need one.

It is made clear that lestat DOES favor Candice but that doesn't mean I'll have Claudia be specifically mad at her for it when the time comes.

In my eyes, Claudia wouldn't care about lestat's approval since she started to hate him as she grew into a woman. So, this won't always have the petty sibling rivalry.

And one thing I wanna make clear is: please do not expect or think Candice is or will be this Katherine pierce or Jennifer check, Elena Gilbert, wannabe.

I will give her similarities but she's her own person and I won't even TRY to write her as a carbon copycat to any mainstream or famous maneaters.

I know this may sound harsh but I might not put the warnings at the top of the chapter so things will be spoiled. I've seen an author do this and it felt pretty off but I guess it's whatever.

I will take constructive criticism but don't unnecessarily try to put my work down.

For now, that's all folks! Thanks for coming along the ride!