Unreachable-a short drabble

A short drabble based on Wrap around me and give me life and the early years of their relationship

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

Taehyung has been waiting over an hour for Jungkook to show up. Another train thunders by, the sound blaring in his ears. He grits his teeth as it screeches to a halt in front of him, and then scans the crowd pouring out of the open doors for any sign that Jungkook might be among them.

But still, he sees no sign of his boyfriend.

He lets out a frustrated sigh. This is the third time that Jungkook has stood him up. He knows that what Jungkook does is important, and it's not his fault. Of course Taehyung knows this. Yet he can't help but feel a pang of disappointment when their rescheduled date falls through.

Again.

Sometimes Jungkook feels so unreachable. A colorless dream. 

All hope of seeing Jungkook fades with the sound of the blue train pulling out of the station as he climbs the stairs to leave. He pauses at the top, taking in the expansive view of the city and thinking of Jungkook, when a flash of white catches his eye.

Hope quickens his heartbeat. Could it be? The pearly white of Jungkook's—no, Spider-Man's—web catches the light from the sparkling windows of a skyscraper as he swiftly swings across the building and disappears around the corner.

Then, nothing. Taehyung blinks, anticipation thrumming under his skin when—

"Hello, beautiful."

Taehyung startles when he hears Jungkook's voice behind him. He quickly recovers and collapses into his boyfriend's arms, his world filling with color once again.

"I missed you," Taehyung breathes. And he lets Jungkook’s warm embrace settle his aching heart.

"Sorry I'm late. There was—"

But Jungkook doesn't get a chance to finish. Taehyung closes the distance between them and captures his lips. Their lips glide softly together, their arms wrapping around each other.

"It's okay," Taehyung says. "I'm just glad you're here now."