Chapter Forty Three

Nyx could feel her heart beating wildly against her chest as the large group walked very quietly towards them, each with their wands at the ready, not knowing who this small quad team were and no one was quite sure what to say. So Nyx cleared her throat. "Hello," she smiled. "My name is Nyx -"

"Addalie," Bill Weasley said nodding. "I knew your father. He was a great man." He turned to Arthur and Kingsley. "This is Giles Addalie's daughter, the one he is always telling us about and how brilliantly amazing she is."

Arthur's whole face lit up as he realised who she was. He reached out and took her hand. "My dear, your father was a great man, who saved my life once and my job numerous times. I was so sorry to hear of his passing."

"Thank you sir, very much," she smiled back. "We are out here to let you know that Harry is in the hall and to listen out for him. You will know when to head in." She reached into her bag as Sirius and Dumbledore did the same. "We have these for you to take," she explained handing Kingsley his vial.

"What is it?" Arthur asked taking his own as Nyx enlarged them all to the right size, Sirius, Draco and Dumbledore doing the same with the ones they had.

"It's Liquid Luck sir," she explained. "We have been brewing it for the past few months. I knew the war was coming, and I needed to so something to help."

Mrs Weasley was beaming now. Nyx could not imagine how difficult it was to know that every single one of your children and the man you loved were all fighting n the war alongside you. Mrs Weasley would have no idea if her children were safe or not. She knew what the outcome would have been, or was as the case may be, and she didn't want to even think about the pain that Molly and Arthur must have felt. No parent should lose a child. It's cruel and unnatural, and it's soul-destroying no matter your child's age. Mr & Mrs Weasley were here tonight, risking everything for a better tomorrow. Fighting for freedom so their kids, their grandkids can be safe and not life in fear. Mrs Weasley knew all too well the devastation the war can have on a family. Her own family - parents, grandparents, and brothers all being killed during the first Riddle war. The fact that Molly managed to keep going, keep fighting, never wavering in her loyalty was pretty epic. Mrs Weasley was pretty epic. "You've been brewing Liquid Luck?" She asked. "And you have enough for everyone?"

Nyx nodded. "My friends brewed plenty. We had to do something. This war is unnecessarily cruel, and we wanted to help in any way we could." She frowned. "I know it's technically illegal to use during combat," Nyx admitted. "But I know that the Death Eaters would have done the same thing is they had thought of it. I just don't want anyone to die."

Mrs Weasley caressed her cheek and Draco's, then Dumbledore's and Sirius'. "I do not know how to thank you," she smiled. "What you have done here is phenomenal."

Remus nodded standing next to her. "You have already saved so many lives before the battle has even started."

"How do we know it's real?" Percy Weasley asked holding the vial up as if to examine the contents. "How do we know it's not poisoned?"

"There is a simple test you can do," Charlie Weasley shrugged. "We use it on the Dragon's food to make sure it's safe," he lifted his wand and waved it over the vials. "Hoc est tutum" Nothing happened as Nyx gave a confused look to Charlie who laughed. "Basically if nothing happens you know it's fine." He pulled off the cork stopper and downed his vial.

"No!" Percy gasped but it was too late. "And if you die?"

Bill rolled his eyes and downed his own bottle, as did Arthur, Fred, and George. Then Hermione and Mrs Weasley before Remus, Tonks, Kingsley, Fleur, Neville Longbottom and Luna Lovegood. Hermione hesitated before smiling at Nyx and doing the same, before nudging Ron who wasn't looking or listening but opened the cork with his teeth, downed it and threw the vial against the wall where it smashed. "Was there any need?" Fred rolled his eyes and turned to Nyx. "My apologies for my brother. He is an ass!" He gestured to the vial. "Thank you, by the way."