Chapter XI. Little man

I woke up tied to a pole with a bag on my head. I hear Caitlyn struggling and trying to get out.

"Vi, you okay?" I ask frantically. "No worries, sweetheart. I'm good."

"Ugh, i knew it was a mistake trusting you." Caitlyn says annoyedly. "You've been a real picnic yourself."

"Im not the one who walked us into not one but two of Silcos traps." She scoffs.

"This isn't Silco, It's someone else." Vi says quickly. "How do you know?"

"Because we would already be dead if it was him." i explain. "Oh, very nice. When were you planning to tell me that your lunatic sister works for him?"

"She's not a lunatic!" I snap at Caitlyn and she sighs. "When were you planning to tell me what you're really doing down here?" Vi asks.

"I told you the truth!" "Bullshit! What was that glowing stone?" Caitlyn huffs again. "That's what i thought."

Just then a metal door creaks open and light seeps inside the bag. I feel myself being grabbed. "Hey get the fuck off of me you-!" I struggle and yell. Vi gets taken aswell and Caitlyn tries to protest.

I get sat down and tied to a chair. "What the fuck is this?"

Someone takes the bag off my head and grunts. I watch as a man with a mask sits infront of us. "You shy? Or just ugly?" Vi sasses.

The man gets up and takes of his mask. "You look good for a dead girl." He says to Vi. Wait, Ekko?

"Little man?" I gasp. I haven't seen him since i left after he saved me.

"What do you know about this?" he shows us some kind of glowing orb. "Nothing. What the hell is this all about?"

Ekko breathes deeply. "What were you doing with Jinx?" Vi stands up. "Her name is Powder. And i just found her when you and your goons showed up. It's us, Vi and Slash. I used to take you down to the junk heap and hose you down when you got covered in grease."

Ekko looks at me. "That was a long time ago. People change."

"Yeah, I'm getting that." Ekko looks back at Vi. "Are you working for Silco?"

"Fuck. You." Vi says. Little man hits his chest and stammers "I thought you were dead! Now you show up with a Piltie and give her a tour of the Lanes?"

"Jeez, you're not wrong." I click my tongue. Vi glares at me and then turns back to Ekko. "You were following us? Why didn't you say something?"

"I didn't know if i could trust you!" He yells. "So you just come out swinging?" She has a valid point.

"Gee, wonder who i learned that from?"

"Well you shoulda learned more, you still punch like a little boy." Vi says back. "And you still block with your face!"

Vi sighs and looks down. "I remember when you wouldn't stand up to us." Then she hugs him. Wait, she's out of her cuffs? "I missed you, little man."

"How long have you had those off?" Ekko asks, confused. "How long have you been whining?"

Little man hugs her back. I clear my throat. "Love the little moment here but I'm still chained to this goddamn chair."

They laugh and Ekko releases me. I rush over to hug him too and Vi looks at us proudly.