Chapter 3

Nathalia Pichon POV:

1 hour later

"I wasn't speeding!!!!"
The older woman screamed as I gave her another speeding ticket.
She rips up the ticket for the 5th time, and I give her another one calmly.

"Yeah and I'm not gay." I said in a monotone voice,
nearing the older lady's side window.

I imitated Alfie's cringy ass wink at her. Normally, any woman would be falling over... I guess the wink doesn't suit me.

The lady scrunched up her face in disgust and finally took the ticket without ripping it up.
She dangled it in front of her, as if it was covered in dog shite.

"I'm actually not into women, but if you still believe you aren't speeding then hook me up~"
I said. My hand did a 'call me' motion, I smirked while she cringed at my words.

She really wanted to shred the ticket, but an invisible force was holding her back...
maybe because she thought I'd actually hit her up.

"You can get a better job than whatever you're doing." the lady scolded as she held her steering wheel, ready to leave.
Her dog who's sitting in back is barking like crazy.

I know for sure that it's a chihuahua. Evil creatures.

"Well, I wouldn't be here if you didn't suck at driving." I said, waving her off to drive.
I walked off as the lady cursed me out from afar.

Going back to the car was nice. Driving back was chill. In fact... Too chill, usually I would've seen some sh*t happen around town but it's peaceful.

I wonder If I can treat myself to something at this hour since everything is chill.
I checked my deck to find my wallet for cash and guess what?
I so happen to have extra cash on me.

I drove to a nearby donut shop and bought myself a glazed donut and a hot chocolate, sh*t hits hard after work.
I shoved my donut into my mouth and drove back to the police station.

I walked into the station while humming a random Christmas song as I sipped my hot chocolate.

It's may, but I could care less cause I'm in a happy mood after a nice treat.

As I walked to the front desk, I decided to call my sidekick. I tapped on the pavement as each ring passes by, It was canceled.

I looked at my watch and stared at my phone.
I dialed his number many times, and it was unanswered. My good mood quickly turned sour.
People around me looked at me worriedly.
I crushed the hot chocolate cup in my hand.
The atmosphere of the office quickly became heavier.

"Can you please calm down? You are making other people around you nervous." A receptionist spoke up.

"Hush." I said to the receptionist. She rolled her eyes and went back to doing what she was doing. With hope, I waited for his response but he didn't reply back.

2 minutes passed and I felt my blood boiling.

I was gonna hang up. This is ridiculous, He usually answers my call...

I was waiting on the call and I saw an unfamiliar officer who looked new walking out in a hurry,
what's up with that guy? I wondered as I tap on the pavement, waiting on Alfie to answer.

I heard a click. He finally picked up.
"Hey... Nathalia?"

"AL.FIE.BURKE. WHY DIDN'T YOU ANSWER ANY OF MY CALLS??? CALLED YOU A THOUSAND TIMES!" I screamed into the phone.

"Can you come over right now?" Alfie says, completely ignoring my shouting.

"Why? Is there something wrong?" I asked, somehow curious/concerned of what he might have as an excuse this time.
I better not see him eating ice cream and flattering women on his lap like that one time when he said he was busy cause his pet fish died.