Chapter 6: THE JAWS

Hartley POV
I've had sleepless nights over the weekend. I my mind keep drifting to the moment when me and Jonas almost kiss, if not because of the timing of the pizza. But what will happen if we really do? It's not that we are going to be exclusive or something! argggh! Maybe I should avoid him for a while to clear my head.

"Hey" Charlie greets. I was so busy with my own thoughts of what happened that I did not hear Charlie.

"You, okay?" She nudges me.

"Oh yeah I'm fine, I just did not notice you..." I smiled politely.

"So... What are you thinking about?" She eyed me suspiciously. She is indeed very observant.

"Nothing really." I denied.

"Hey lovelies!" Ace interrupts. Thank God, or I'll be having a hard time denying the fact I'm thinking about Jonas and what happened.

"Hey" We both responded.

"So West and Sam just arrived from their trip... You want to hang out with us later?" Ace asks.

"Er... West and Sam?" I asked confused.

"They were Ace and Jonas' best friends" Charlie explained.

"They went backpacking to Australia over the summer that's why they missed last week's school opening" Ace added.

"oh."

"So, you girls in? And OfCourse I know Sam is very excited to see you again Charlie... Maybe he brought you some kangaroo." He wiggles s eyebrow teasing Charlie.

"Shut up Ace!" She said while blushing. Ace burst out laughing because he knew that the thought of Sam can make Charlie blush.

"So later ladies? for old time's sake? Ace confirmed.

"Well, we have to tell Kate and Hannah first before we commit." I said.

"Very well then, but I bet they're going to say yes..." He winks then leaves.

"So?" I ask Charlie while eyeing her waiting for explanation about West and Sam.

"So what?" She said pretending to be busy with her locker.

"What was this West and Sam all about? And are your girls really friends with them?" I ask. She closed her locker and faced me ready to explain.

Before the bell rang for the first period, she summarized that Ace, Jonas, West and Sam were best friends since pre-school, they were this school gorgeous bad boy. But not to Charlie, Kate and Hannah's group. Kate and Sam were cousins, they used to be on the same table "popular table" over the past years, but this year the girls decided to move out their usual table since Sam and Charlie's break up.

- Ace was the dancer, smooth talker he pursues the girl he wants, loyal but when he gets tired of the girl, he will just ignore the girl until she realizes they were over.

- West, he is the joker and the musician, loves girls, doesn't commit to relationship, loves to play around. He believes that he is too hot to be tied down.

- Sam he is the typical bad boy of the group, captain of the football team everyone fears him except his best Friends Charlie, Kate and Hannah. Never get to his bad side, he is loyal to his friends, girls throw themselves at him, but he has his eyes only for Charlie. Why they broke up? well no one knows they kept it to themselves and because of that somehow their group drift, and it was decided by the girls to move out to cool down the tension between the two.

- Jonas, dancer and captain of basketball team, he never plays with girls and never been into a relationship for 3 years. Charlie said that Missy his Ex girlfriend was his first love but this girl shamelessly broke Jonas's heart.

"So that's it! They were our friends actually" Charlie explained.

"Who are friends?" Hanna and Kate interrupts..

"The JAWS" Charlie said.

"Oh, I'm sorry Char I should have warned you that they were back." Kate hugs Charlie.

"It's fine Kate, the past is in the past" She answers.

"So will it mean that we can seat to our usuals again?" Hannah shrieks with excitement.

"Sure" Charlie confirmed. "It's time for Hart to meet the whole gang" she winks.

During our last period before lunch, my mind kept drifting thinking about what happened last night between me and Jonas, and thinking of ways on how to face him on Lunch since we will be sitting not to our usuals, but to their usuals. And just like that, the bell rang... 

krrriiinnggg kriiingggg signaling that it's time for lunch. It's time to face him.