𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐎𝐍𝐄

❃

˚❈•━━━━━━••✾••━━━━━━•❈˚
𝑻𝑯𝑬 𝑾𝑰𝑵𝑫𝑺 𝑶𝑭 𝑪𝑯𝑨𝑵𝑮𝑬
❋••━━━━━━━━━━━━••❋

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐌𝐎𝐑𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐒𝐔𝐍 𝐄𝐌𝐁𝐑𝐀𝐂𝐄𝐃 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐆𝐑𝐀𝐒𝐒𝐋𝐀𝐍𝐃𝐒 𝐖𝐈𝐓𝐇 𝐑𝐄𝐃, 𝐎𝐑𝐀𝐍𝐆𝐄 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐆𝐎𝐋𝐃𝐄𝐍 𝐂𝐎𝐋𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐒 𝐀𝐒 𝐈𝐓 𝐑𝐎𝐒𝐄 𝐒𝐋𝐎𝐖𝐋𝐘 𝐔𝐏 𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐎 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐊𝐘. Thousands of dewdrops decorated the seemingly endless grassfields and their translucent surface shimmered like fiery gemstones as they reflected the shining sun above. A gentle yet somewhat frisk breeze blew the fluffy clouds towards the south where the mountains lay and it caused the knee-high grass to roll like the waves of a calm sea.

Although nature had only just begun to awaken and most animals were still asleep, the young woman wandering through the grassland had been awake since the pale streak of light at the horizon had announced the oncoming sunrise. She sat atop a chestnut mare which strolled through the grass in the same confident manner that the young woman radiated, though the horse looked a bit sleepier than her owner.

Alara loved to rise with the sun and whenever she could, she enjoyed witnessing the sunrise away from the castle walls between which she had grown up. The elated feeling of freedom filled her chest when she halted her horse on top of the small hill she had been riding to and while breathing deeply in and out the crisp morning air, she watched the sun rising higher and higher.

The rays of sunshine warmed up the soil between the grass blades and the dewdrops evaporated, causing a faint scent of petrichor to mix with the fresh wind that came from the north.

Alara had once said that the northern wind felt more hostile than the other directions and while her professor had corrected her by replacing the word "hostile" with "cold", it wasn't what she had meant. Alara was however a fast learner and she never spoke of it again, conditioned to the fact that the wind could either feel cold or warm, strong or weak, but never hostile since it didn't have a personality.

Still, deep in her heart, Alara had remained calling the northern wind hostile and then several months ago, when one day the hostility had suddenly changed to loving, Alara knew something in the north had changed as well. So when her father had received word a few days later that the Telmarine prince had overthrown his uncle and given the kingdom of Narnia back to its rightful people, it came to no surprise for Alara, only as a realisation; Narnia was now no longer angry, it was at peace. All these years, the northern wind had mirrored that as it travelled through the Narnian trees before it reached Archenland.