Chapter 2: The Will of Fire Burns

A month had come to pass since that fateful day when Naruto clashed with the Blue Whale Pirates and rescued the children that had been sold to them as slaves. The children rescued had been suspicious of Naruto at first, especially when he offered them the chance to live on Uzu no Kuni with him. The suspicion they felt was understandable, considering what they had gone through. Overtime Naruto was able to overcome this bridge, connecting to them through the use of Ninshou, sharing his thoughts and feelings through chakra.

Thanks to the assistance of the Kage Bunshin no Jutsu the reconstruction of Uzushiogakure had begun. Through the usage of Doton Ninjutsu, the surrounding rubble and ruins had been cleared away. All of the graves belonging to the Uzumaki kinsmen had been relocated to a large clearing behind the Uzumaki Clan Compound, that had been transformed into a field of beautiful flowers with the use of Mokuton Ninjutsu. Through the use of Mokuton and Doton Ninjutsu he had started clearing the Uzumaki Compound out and the area surrounding it creating new living arrangements for those now under his wing.

The first building after the accommodations to be restored was the Shinobi Academy. The construction had begun within the first week, and by the following week, those who wished to become Shinobi were sorted into appropriate classes to be instructed by his clones. It would be some time before he had proper instructors. The process of restarting the Shinobi program would take years with training and increasing not only the villages manpower but population. On top of that Naruto had to place focus on the necessary resources to create stability.

Mokuton Ninjutsu could help to elevate the worry of crops and lumber, while Doton Ninjutsu could be used to create concrete and the Banbutsu Sozo (Creation Of All Things) allowed him to make metal. However, there was the issue of other food sources the new citizens of Uzushiogakure couldn't live off the fruits and vegetables he grew or the marine life from the sea they would need to expand their diet. That was why he had split his soul in half reforming his unique Kage Bunshin and sent it out into the world. The clone had more than enough chakra to run across the water to find new lands, discovering unique breeds to bring back to Uzu no Kuni where they would be bred as a suitable food source.

With the month gone by Naruto had strangely found himself with his own personal a student, one not instructed by a clone. The student he had taken was none other than the young girl he had found on the slave ship, Suzuka, the girl who tried to protect those younger than she. Suzuka had approached him and begged him to train her.

he really is one of a kind stated ten-ten 

Flashback

Naruto looked out to sea; three weeks had gone by since the rescued children had been brought to Uzu no Kuni. His clones were slowly rebuilding his ancestral home of Uzushiogakure, restoring it to its former glory. Said clones were supervising the children tending to their daily needs. A part of him wondered if he was capable of looking after them, in the past, Naruto had never had people that needed to rely on him like now, the only time someone had ever relied on him was to watch their back in battle. With a long sigh, he rubbed his temples contemplating what to do; he didn't know how to raise children, especially with three-year-olds running around. 

being a parent is never easy but I have faith he would do a fine job stated the sage.

Sensing a presence, Naruto spun around forming a half ram seal out a reflex before coming to a stop. Standing a few metres from him was the young girl who had stood bravely to protect the children on the ship, Suzuka if his memory served him right. The girl was notably startled by his reaction. Naruto noted she was healthier than last he laid eyes on her, having gained a little weight.

"Gomensai I didn't mean to sneak up on you." Her voice was soft, yet timid as she approached him shyly, fingers poking together. He could not help but be reminded of Hinata, the girl who had professed her love while risking her life to protect him from Nagato.