Chapter 15

Nezu moved his pawn foward blocking Izuku's pawn. Izuku then moved his knight.

(I know how to play chess. Im pretty good at it lol, but how the frick do i explain it? Dunno-)

Izuku won the game by effectively trapping Nezu's king.

"My my, you are good. You remind me of someone." Nezu remarks.

"Oh? I mean, it aas pretty simple strategy so I'm sure I could remind you of anybody"

"Ah no, thats not it! I don't play chess much, and if I do, it's always with this one person I play with online! He's quite the challenge to beat."

Izuku held his queen on the board, "huh.. What a weird coincidence..."

"Coincidence. Did you know that the person I play with, his name Haru Akio."

Izuku stays calm and moves his queen across the chess board. "Why do I need to know that?"

"Oh! Just thought it was interesting!" Nezu cheers. Nezu moved his bishop and trapped Izuku's king.

"Distracted are we?" Nezu chuckles. "I have a question"

Izuku sighs at the defeat, it wasn't like him to lose that easily. If Nezu is trying to throw him off, he is. "And what would that be?" He asks.

The chimera grins, "are you Haru Akio?"

"Why would you assume that?"

"I wasn't assuming, was merely speculating! You have the same movements, him in the coffee shop and you move the same way. If were not looking at the action of course. Also the moves and plays you do in chess look like the same strategy he uses on online. Coincidence? I think not."

"I'm not saying I am. But if I were, what then happens?" If Nezu was speculating, why can't he aswell?

"Hmm, I suppose we'd have to investigate him, and then seek out a proper plan. I did see he has a nephew and that Mr. Haru is the guardian. Why ask such a question?"

"Just speculating!"

"Now then, I didn't come here just to play chess, I have a deal, Mr. Haru."

"And that is?" Sometimes Nezu can be a real devil. Now what is this deal?

"You tell me you real age, real name, and your reason. But again, this is speculation that you are not actually Haru Akio. And then we give you either a staff position at UA, or a student position. Depends.
And we'll discuss about Haru Daisuke after."

"What does said person get out of it? Right now it seems like a one-sided deal." Give information without something to Izuku's benefit? No way.

"As I said, it would depend. But I suppose, we would discuss offers that would satisfy them, but I can't discuss further if you are not actually Mr. Haru, right?"

"Right"

It was silent for a few minutes. It was weird for Izuku. Pretending to be someone else, but he got used to it. And if he did this, he has to reveal him, fully.

That was crazy. Izuku totally wouldn't accept the offer.

He already said it was crazy, he's quirkless, he's doing everything to prove that he doesn't need a quirk. And show that building courage and doing work, can make it possible.

If he were to just straight in, wouldn't that make things worse?

"Well?"

Izuku sighed.

~ ~ ~ ~ • ~ ~ ~ ~

Izuku's POV:

Four months later.

It's been four months since my chat with Nezu. A lot of things have changed. Like for example, I now live with Nezu. Thats great. He's petty much become my dad.

Nezu takes care of my clothes, food, gives me a place to live. Even lets me still run the shop, but he said I could only have it open on Wednesdays, Fridays, and Saturdays. Friday has an exeption though, that day it only opens after school. J get to skip school Wednesday. But those are also the days I can go out and be Shinjestu.

So it works. And right now, Nezu is having Lunch Rush prepare me some breakfast, because apparently the rat can't cook.

Today is my first day at UA. I'll be in the support course on Tuesdays and Thursdays, and then hero course on Mondays and Fridays.

Works.

I quickly take the breakfast plate handed to me and eat it.

"Bye dad!" I yell closing the door and going through the halls to find the door to my new class.

It's also been great too! I never really saw Kirishima after because I forgot to grab his number but I'll see him tomorrow.

How do I know that? Perks of being adopted by Nezu.

I also haven't really seen that kid I helped a while back either. Turns out he tested for the hero course but failed the physical exam. Why? It's robots.

I asked Nezu his quirk, brainwashing. So cool. Nezu let him in the hero course after I begged. Perks.

No One's POV:

Overall, Izuku got spoiled by Nezu, and by Midnight because Nezu had to have some type of guide.

And everythings great!

~ ~ ~ ~ • ~ ~ ~ ~ • ~ ~ ~ ~

831 Words

I think this is the end of the book. Hope you all enjoyed!~

That was a horrible ending, but like, motivation said bye, and I didn't want to discontinue this, thats just mean. So.

Yeah.

Bye~

•Hikaru