1

Autumns POV.

As i was practicing the piano I couldn't help but look out the window. I saw a couple of kids playing on the playground. I missed a note in the piano. Teacher got mad and told me that wasn't it she explained to me that I need to pay more attention. She sat down next to me and started playing the song after she was done she told me to continue so I did finally an hour later I was done and I was waiting for my mom to pick me up when she finally came, she asked me how it was ignored her and got in the car as her and the piano teacher were talking. I knew they were talking about me because I can feel my mom glancing at the car as soon as she got in the car she told me that I need to start practicing more.

Mom I've been practicing two hours every day! I said getting aggravated.

Well, maybe we need to make it four if you want to get into the Berkeley college you need to be good? You need to be better than good you need to be excellent! She said while driving to the house.

I wanted to tell her that I didn't want to go to Berkeley College, but I didn't want to interrupt the plan that her and my stepfather had my mom had me when she was 19 she told me she always want her kids, but she didn't want to have them when she was young but after she got pregnant with me everything changed when I was two years old. My father went to prison for four years my mom never told me what it was about but I have a feeling it's about her brother because every time we go to family functions, she doesn't even look at me and when I bring up my father, he looks disgusted my mom met my stepfather when I was five years old of course it was awkward because I always told her that my dad was coming back, but she never paid attention to what I said.

When my father got out of prison, when I was six years old, he found out that my mom moved on all I remember his hearing yelling and screaming, and then the police walking him to a police car he ended up going back to prison for nine years my mom and my stepdad officially got married when I was 10 years old I have a half brother named Peter, who is one years old and they have a plan for both of us in my stepfather's office, there is a big whiteboard. We have family meetings every Friday and he rolls it into the living room then he talks about my future in about what I'm going to be doing right now he has me in piano lessons, and Girl Scouts.

They are not only hard on me. They are also hard on Peter as well. He's not allowed to get any toys from different stores if they're not educational My stepfather said he wants smart kids not kidding to slack off and do what they're not supposed to be doing I have not visited my father since he was in prison. I always ask my mom if I can but she told me it's best if we just let him be when I got home Peter was in the living room playing with a couple of educational blocks. I stepfather was walking back-and-forth in the living room when he saw this come in. He smiled and ask my mom how did it go? My mom said that I've had a little bit of trouble, but I just need some extra practice.

So I was thinking instead of two hours every day we should do four! My mom said, kissing his cheek.

Yes, that is good. I could just smell Berkeley College from here did you finish your speech like I asked you to? He said looking at me.

No I haven't because I've been busy playing the piano every single day Can I take a small break Every other kid is enjoying the summer and I'm stuck playing the piano! I said looking at them.

And every other kid that you see playing outside will not be successful like you are now go upstairs and finish your speech. I'll bring your dinner when it's done! My mom said before going into the kitchen.

I went to my room and closed the door I took out my notebook and a pencil and started on my speech, but I ended up scrolling through my Instagram I found an Instagram page of a girl who's my age apparently she goes to the local high school by my house right now her parents took her to Hawaii for summer. All of the comments were from people. She went to school with saying that it looks beautiful out there Meanwhile, the comments that I have is former people who also play musical instruments, telling me to keep on practicing a quietly put my phone up and continued working on my speech. When I heard my mom come upstairs, she put a plate of food in my face and told me to eat. She looked at the notebook and said that I hardly even started and asked me if I was stuck. I told her know that I was just trying to make sure it looks perfect. OK perfect smile and watch that she left. I looked up the food and saw that it was turkey loaf and mashed potatoes, and corn on the cob.

My mom doesn't believe in buying real meat, so she has everyone on a no real meat diet instead of meatloaf I'm currently eating turkey loaf sometimes I just wanna eat a chili cheese, dog or a real hamburger without being judged after I got done eating dinner, I continued on with my speech. My mom got my plate and smiled when she saw me working an hour later I was in front of everyone reading my speech I thought it was pretty good but my stepfather cut me off in the middle of it told me that it doesn't really sound that good and told me to restart it. I didn't go to bed until 10 o'clock at night and at 6 o'clock in the morning, my mom woke me up to play the piano anytime and I messed up. She made me restart the song I didn't get done until 10:30 AM then after that I had Girl Scouts so as I tiredly got in the car my mom was telling me what to do and what not to do when I get there.