When our eyes met

Lexi's POV

Recess came and I debated about going outside for I knew they would be waiting for me. Blake and his followers hated me for some reason. It didn't matter how many times I reported them to my teacher, Ms. Holmes, she would brush my reports off as Blake expressing his feelings.

As I was looking out the window Ms. Holmes walks up to me and asks "why aren't you outside with the others?" As I try to come up with an explanation she started to tap her finger against her watch. I sat there frozen as she asked "this isn't about Blake is it?" I shook my head as I arose from my seat.

As I walked towards the door I knew they were waiting for me. I was their entertainment and I was right as soon as I opened the door there they were. Well, Blake wasn't anywhere to be found, but his crew was staged here to wait on me. I was ready for them to start insulting me when we heard Blake from the other side of the playground.

"You think you are tough shit, don't you?" The group starts running towards him with Levi asking "are you alright?" Blake turns around with a bloody nose, "no, this asshole broke my nose!" There was a boy laughing on the ground which pissed Blake off even more. Blake started to ball up his fists and kicked the boy repeatedly in the stomach. The group decided to follow.

Shocked, I looked around the playground for a supervisor, but there were none. I froze as I watched this boy being stomped on, but deep down I knew I needed to do something. I finally mustered up the courage to grab some rocks that were to the left of me and started to chuck them at the group. A few of them hitting Blake, "what the hell," Blake cried.

They turn their attention towards me and I froze as they came forward. I clutched the rocks to my chest too scared to throw them, but from the other side a rock came flying towards Mia, hit her right in the head. From the other side the boy mustered up some strength to help me.

The group tried to divide up to deal with us properly, but with the boy's help I was able to start throwing my rocks as well, "you jerks!" Levi shouted, "this isn't over!" They started to run away while cursing underneath their breath. As they ran I dropped my rocks shaking in fear, I really can't believe I just did that.

From the other side I heard laughter, "yeah that's right, run!" The boy shouted at the group before he made his way towards me. He was covered in dirt and bruises, but the pain didn't seem to phase him. "That was awesome!" He exclaimed giving me a smile, "what's your name?" He had short choppy black hair with hazel eyes. Wait, I know him, but not personally. He is well known in our class for being the tallest kid, but I can't remember his name.

"Uh, are you ok?" He asked, I didn't realize I zoned out. "Yeah, sorry," I said "my name is Alexis." He hummed before he said "oh, you're the nerd." Nerd, Is that what I'm known as? I think he saw the hurt in my expression for he said "well, I think it was really cool of you for sticking up for me like that." He thinks I'm cool, no one has ever said anything that nice to me before.

He started to brush himself off "shit, my mother will be pissed, she just bought me this shirt." I laughed for a young kid he has a potty mouth. He looked up at me, "my name is Rogan Kai, but you can call me Kai." "Ok," I didn't really know what to say because of how intimidating he was.

The school bell rang alerting us that recess was over. "Well, see you around," he said as he ran into the building.

Yeah, se you around Kai.