Chapter 4: Melody

“He finally found him, what are you still waiting?”

Kamal sighs and look up the sky, “Right… what am I waiting? Bond maybe,” he answered and nods.

“Bond? You want Yeonjun to have a bond first with the soul before taking him?” Taehyun frowns. “Such an evil,” he commented.

“He needs to feel the exact thing, Mr. Kang,” Kamal replied. “He needs to so there’ll be less adjustment when he returns.”

Choi Yeonjun waked up early in the morning as if it’s his usual thing to do. He stares at someone he’s hugging and instead of freaking out, he smiled. He slowly let go of Beomgyu and massages his arm as he went out. He started preparing breakfast for Beomgyu like he always do when Soobin’s still studying and he’s already working.

“Good morning,” Yeonjun greeted the other when he saw him by the door in shocked face. “Why are you staring at me like that?”

“I thought you leave,” Beomgyu answered and went closer to him.

“Why would I?” Yeonjun asks and smile. “Breakfast is ready, you should eat,” he added.

Beomgyu nods, “T-thank you… I don’t usually eat breakfast to save time and money,” he stated.

Yeonjun smiles at him and gently rub his head, “No worries now, okay? Go and eat,” he assured.

Beomgyu went to university using his bike and Yeonjun just stayed inside the humble home and decided to wait for Beomgyu but he can’t stop thinking about Soobin as well.

He needs to wrap things up faster already but how is he gonna do that? Isn’t it rude to call the deity out of nowhere and take Beomgyu’s soul in exchange to Soobin when he’s actually feeling the attachment already?

Yeonjun sighs with the thought. He should save Soobin, that’s the main objective why he travelled back in time. But does that mean Beomgyu will die?

“I’m home,” Yeonjun heard Beomgyu’s voice and the door opens.

“Welcome home,” Yeonjun smiles at him.

“Are you okay? You looked so bothered,” Beomgyu noticed right away while putting his bag on the small couch.

“I’m fine. How’d your day went?” Yeonjun asks instead.

“I almost die!” Beomgyu exclaimed that made Yeonjun frown in concern. “The military outside are on patrol again and taking students that are activists!” he shared.

“It’s still really the 90s,” Yeonjun muttered. “Are you okay? Did they hurt you?” he asks in worry.

Beomgyu shook his head, “Nope! I’m good. I don’t really care about politics and government,” he answered and gets some bottled water.

Yeonjun nods at him, “Want to have some meat tonight? There’s table outside, let’s grill some,” he suggested.

“Oh! It’s been a while since I did that!” Beomgyu exclaimed.

What they planned happened, they grill some meat on the terrace while watching the clear skies and the distant busy town ahead. Yeonjun makes sure to slice the meat first before putting it on Beomgyu’s plate which they both enjoyed the dinner time.

“Wait, I’m going to grab my guitar,” Beomgyu said and went inside then came out with his acoustic guitar. “This guitar was a gift from my dad. This was the first and last present I ever received from him,” he stated while tuning.

“You always talk about your mom… Where’s your dad?” Yeonjun curiously asked.

“He died at the war,” Beomgyu casually replied and had a small smile as he strums. “Mom hated the idea of my dad being anti-government but dad has his own conviction. He doesn’t like martial law, he wants people’s freedom,” he continued. “He fought for what he believe was right… he died fighting for it.”

Yeonjun doesn’t know what to feel. He doesn’t even know what war exactly Beomgyu is talking about. He guesses that he’s still a kid at this era or maybe playing in a secured and comfortable house. Unlike Beomgyu who was one of the greatly affected by the terrorism of people against the government.

“What hurts the most maybe is my dad was my mom’s first and last love,” Beomgyu continued.

Yeonjun smile for a second, “Cute,” he commented.

Beomgyu stares at him, “What cute?”

“First and last love… till death do us part… just being in love with the same person for a long time is a cute thing,” Yeonjun answered.

“Sounds like you’re planning to marry someone or something,” Beomgyu reckon.

“Am I?” Yeonjun chuckles and Soobin’s adorable face flashes across his mind. “You’re too young to talk about marriage,” he said.

“Tsk,” Beomgyu sounded. “Do you have one?”

“What?”

“First love or wants to be your last love.”

Yeonjun withdraw his eyes off Beomgyu and look at what’s in front of him. “Do you believe in parallel universe, Beomgyu?” Yeonjun rather asked.

“Hmmm,” Beomgyu sounds as he thinks. “I don’t know? Why?”

“Somewhere in another universe… I want to marry someone,” Yeonjun smiles.

“Are you crazy?”

Yeonjun laughs at it and look at Beomgyu. “It’s crazy, right?” he laughs harder. “Just play me a song.”

Beomgyu smiles and started strumming his guitar and sings an unfamiliar song of acoustic 90s. Yeonjun motion his head as he goes as well with Beomgyu’s deep and soothing voice.

Yeonjun smiles while staring at Beomgyu who’s really passionate in singing. Then he felt his heart beating rapidly, his throat is running dry. Are these because of Beomgyu’s voice? Beomgyu’s presence? Or Beomgyu resembling someone he loves?

It’s the same. The feeling is exactly the same when he fell in love.

“Why?” Beomgyu stops from singing when he felt Yeonjun’s hand stopped his fingers from strumming. “You don’t like it?”

But Yeonjun didn’t answer and Beomgyu went shock as they both feel each other’s lips pressed smoothly.

--
A/N: STREAM "DEJA VU" IN ALL PLATFORMS!!!