Chapter 5: Time

“I’m sorry, I didn’t mean—”

Yeonjun got pulled again by Beomgyu to kiss one more, this time it’s deeper, it’s moving, and passionate. Yeonjun noticed how Beomgyu couldn’t motion properly so he guided him with his lips until they slowly break it off.

“It’s odd,” Beomgyu gulps and stares at Yeonjun’s lip then at his eyes. “It’s my first time. I never imagined kissing a guy.”

“It’s your first time to kiss or kiss a guy?”

“Both…”

Yeonjun gasps and felt a sudden guilt. “I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to— I’m really sorry, Beomgyu. I’m still a total stranger that you decided to let in one day. I-I’m sorry, I shouldn’t really have done that,” Yeonjun stated in rush and confusion.

Beomgyu hold Yeonjun’s hand and smile at him. “It’s okay… Actually, I’m also curious. Why are you here? Why did you stay? What is your purpose? Look, I don’t have anything. I don’t have the money, I only have part-time jobs and money from my both dead parents. I am saving. I’m completely nothing. So, why? Why are you being with me?”

Yeonjun was too stunned to speak. His real purpose? To take his soul. That’s the main objective of everything. Even him is confused. He surely doesn’t like Beomgyu— they just meet like the other day? But he also knows for sure what he’s feeling is because Soobin’s soul and Beomgyu’s soul are alike.

Compatible. So he’s feeling the same as if it’s Soobin that he love is who’s in front of him.

Universe is full of wonders.

“I’m sorry… I’m sorry if I’m confusing you. I can’t tell you the real reason but can I tell you something as an excuse?” Yeonjun apologizes.

“I’ll believe whatever you’ll say.”

“Please consider me as an alien from outer space. Someone who came from the future. Someone who doesn’t belong in this era. Can you do that?” Yeonjun convinced him in such a serious tone, hoping Beomgyu will buy it.

Beomgyu paused for a second before he chuckles. “Okay,” he smiles. “Alien, huh? Sure. I’ll buy that.”

Couple of days passed. Beomgyu and Yeonjun are going deeper in what they have. Surely both know they are going fast but both don’t know why as well. As if both are just letting everything as it is.

“Isn’t it time already?” Taehyun asked Kamal who’s walking down the streets from where he’s studying.

“Just more minutes,” Kamal replied and smiles.

“If you go further they gonna get hurt,” Taehyun added. “And time in our universe shouldn’t be stopped for long. We’re delaying things.”

Kamal paused from walking and look at Taehyun. Then he walks forward making Taehyun steps backward expecting to hit the stone wall behind them but they suddenly went back to couple’s accident where everything is at pause.

“Time is insignificant in universe, Mr. Kang. Time didn’t stop in here, it continues or does time really exist? But human doesn’t know about it. Every universe moves on its own. Outside this world, time is irrelevant. Time was just created by human. As long as they don’t know it stopped, they’ll never notice the delay. Get that?” Kai Kamal explained in his serious tone and snaps his finger as they go back to 1998 era.

“This is making me crazy,” Taehyun frustratedly commented and follows the other grim reaper.

Beomgyu was shocked when he saw Yeonjun entering the restobar where he is working. They both smiled at each other and Beomgyu approached him. “Why are you here?” he asked.

“Fetching you,” Yeonjun answered.

“F-fetching me? W-whoa,” he reacted in amused. “Wait, I’ll just go get my bag.”

They started walking on the pavement. Yeonjun held Beomgyu’s hand as they walk beside each other. Beomgyu felt awkward and cautiously look around them. He tried to pull his hands off but Yeonjun even grip it. “A-are you usually like this?” Beomgyu asked the other.

“I’m more than this…” Yeonjun whispered that made Beomgyu glanced at him for a second. “I mean… I’m a man of service. I love doing such things.”

“Your lover is so lucky to have you,” Beomgyu stated in low note.

Yeonjun chuckles. “You think I have one?”

“Yes? I think so? Am I a mistress or something? You’re already married and you’re hiding from your wife because—”

“Because?”

“You’re gay…”

Yeonjun laughs at Beomgyu who’s seriously confused. “Aigoo, what a man of imagination,” Yeonjun just reacted and they continued walking.

“But Yeonjun…” Beomgyu called. “P-people are looking at us…” he whispered.

“So?”

“What do you mean “so”? This is unacceptable,” Beomgyu forcedly removed his hand off Yeonjun who just sighed.

“Oka Yeonjun nods. “I’m sorry… But Beomgyu, you’ll get shocked when if you really reached the 21st generation,” he added.

“Why? Wait! Are you really from the future!?” Beomgyu halted and in shock.

Yeonjun just chuckles, “I told you to just believe whatever I said, right?” Beomgyu nods at him. “In there, you can actually marry the same sex.”

“Really!? Whoa! Look,” he exclaimed while showing his forearms. “I’m having goosebumps right now. How I hope I can get to 2000s,” he then stated with a smile.

Yeonjun’s smile slowly fades and starts walking first. Beomgyu frowns and followed the other. Yeonjun felt Beomgyu’s presence beside him and when he directed his head at him, he noticed Kamal across the road; not with his university student fit but with his formal black tuxedo, piercing his eyes.

“I really need to get things faster now, huh?”