𝖈𝖍. 𝖛𝖎𝖎 𝖕𝖙. 𝖎𝖎𝖎 ; work for idle hands to do.

⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄

CHAPTER SEVEN ; PART THREE.

' You pick the worst rebounds ever'

WORK FOR IDLE HANDS TO DO.

⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄

⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄

"

black friday - tom odell

I wanna go party,

I wanna have fun,

I wanna be happy,

Could you show me,

How it's done?

"

⋄⋆෴⋆⋄

OUTER BANKS.

LAIA'S POV

After surviving our classes unscathed, and miraculously avoiding any series of unfortunate events on our first day back as full-fledged Pogues, I found myself sidetracked, accompanying Pope on the mission to photocopy the relic diary. Because, you know, Mr. Sunn wouldn't trust us rowdy teenagers to hold onto such a treasure.

Once our academic duties were done for the day, we all agreed to reconvene at our trusty hideout—the illustrious Chateau. Yes, folks, we were back in the Chateau game.

There I was, sprawled on the worn-out couch near the entrance, nursing a burgeoning headache with a massager, while John B and Kie occupied the opposite side of the terrace. Pope stood before us, clutching the diary like it held the secrets of the universe, while even JJ managed to feign interest.

"Guys, this is from Denmark's diary," Pope began, clearing his throat dramatically before diving into the copy of Denmark's diary entry. "'August 15th, set sail from Port-au-Prince on calm seas. Came upon the Spanish ship San Jose on fire. The entire deck was aflame. And we could hear the screams of men trapped below. The Spanish captain cared about only one thing, his valuable cargo, the Cross of Santo Domingo and countless bars of gold. Once the cargo was on board, we went to help the crew, but Captain Limbrey ordered us to pull bayonets and not to let any of the Spanish crew on board.'"