The truth about Eve - 4

Authors note
I'm back on track with this story 🤭 hoping to get a minimum of one episode each month (hopefully more) but time will tell. Hope you're enjoying it so far! I can't wait to get to the prison aka my favourite season. Also wondering if anyone has a certain character they want as a love interest? (Keep in mind Lila is an adult!)

Back to the story!
The next day rolled around quietly, no one spoke about what happened to Ed. Lila went about her assigned daily chores which consisted of stock count, laundry and weapon checking.

Due to a lack of socialising Lila managed to complete her chores before lunch so she decided to join Dale on the roof of the RV to help with watch (and maybe work on her tan a little.)

You can see all areas of the camp up here it felt safe to Lila "hey Dale, it alright if I join ya?" Lila shielded her eyes from the harsh sun trying to look at Dale "some company would be nice, as long as you make good conversation" she chuckled and took a seat on one of the camping chairs.

Dale relaxed from his watch and took the seat next to Lila "I don't know much about you, why don't you tell me about yourself" the thought of sharing her life story with someone who was basically a stranger brought an anxiety filled flutter to Lila's stomach but she also felt like it might help her fit in around camp by building a connection with the group. "sure, but I'll warn ya it's a long story".

Lila began telling Dale every detail of her life to pass the time starting from her childhood.

"My ma was an angel but she passed away, lucky me I was 20 but my brother Casper was just 14. Courts decided I wasn't stable enough to raise him due to the grief and due to our never present father he got sent into the foster system and I never saw him again. My older sister Eve left before the funeral, think she moved to Seattle or somethin'." Dale listened carefully as Lila told him how she ended up alone, no interruptions just let her vomit her life story at him.

"Thank god I met Rick at the station, he helped me through all the grief. Lori would invite me round for dinner every Sunday night and all holidays. Made me feel loved again, but then Rick got shot and Lori couldn't face anyone from the station. I spent the weeks before the apocalypse alone in a sort of depressive daze just kept busy by working all the time, wish I had spent my time better." Lila looked back over at Dale to see his forehead wrinkled in concentration listening to her "how would you have spent it, if you had known I mean" Lila paused to think about it but didn't need much time "I'd have travelled, always wanted to traveled the world, but I never got to go in an airplane or on a cruise. It's probably my biggest regret being so focused on my job that I forgot to live. Now it's too late." Silence ran through the air.

Lila smiled as she watched Andrea and Amy through Dales sniper lens as the two caught fish in the lake before Dale tapped her shoulder to grab her attention. Lila turned to see him pointing off in the distance slightly, she used the sniper lens as Dale used his binoculars and looked at where he had pointed to see..

Jim.

It looks like he is digging for something. Lila and Dale got down from the roof off the RV and made their way over to where Jim's digging in the fields . He looks manic, disconnected from the world around him as he throws dirt into the air "Jim? You okay?" Dale attempted to talk to Jim whilst Lila looked around at his work. It looks like.. well it looks like he's digging graves honestly but Lila assumed it must just be a coincidence . "You keep this up, you're gonna keel over out here."

Sweat dripped from Jim's nose as he ignored Dale and continued to dig "hey, Jim why don't you come take a break with us. Drink some water" Lila tried to reason and for a second she thought he was going to agree as he looked up at the pair for a second then just continued to dig.