Chapitre 18

Chiang Mai

Tarn's house was made of wood, applied Thai style, and the area was as large or even larger than Phaya's. This was the Nirasooksawad House, inherited from the time of his great-grandmother. However, Tarn didn't feel much of a connection to this place, as he had barely spent any time here.

"Grandmother!" Tarn walked over to hug his grandmother dressed in her sumptuous blue traditional clothing and left. "Where's mom?"

"In his room..." Without wasting any time, Tarn entered the room. As soon as he saw his mother lying down with her face pale and without a trace of blush. Tarn felt his heart sink.

He sanctified his chest with fear running through his veins. The image of Luang Phor, once Tarn tried to stop his bleeding while waiting for the ambulance, came back to his mind.

"Tarn..." Mom's eyelids fluttered open to look at him. His weak voice called out her name while revealing a slight smile.

Tarn moved to sit on her bed, holding her mother's small, bony hand in her trembling one.

"Mom, what happened? How did you come to this?" Tarn asked through tears.

Mom shook her head wearily, said nothing and just smiled at him. Tarn looked at his grandmother.

"Grandmother..."

The old woman adopted a worried expression. He looked at his daughter and then at Tarn.

"She's been sick since last week and the doctor couldn't find the cause..."

Her daughter fell ill unexpectedly for no real reason. He fainted last week and his health has worsened since then. A few days ago his heart suddenly stopped beating, which terrified everyone in the house. Kaew, her daughter, did not want her to tell Tarn that she was sick, but a mother like her could not bear to see her daughter die like this and she could not bear that her grandson suffer because of it. Therefore, he decided to call Tarn to come here.

(Del: This has all the signature of Cholatorn)

Tarn frowned.

"Last week!? Why didn't anyone tell me!?" Tarn involuntarily raised his voice at his grandmother.

"Tarn... I told grandma myself not to tell you." Her mother sounded weak as she spoke, pulling Tarn's hand to make him look at her. "Please don't blame your grandmother."

Tarn held back tears and looked at his mother with bloodshot eyes.

"You and dad are very similar. What happens to you or what worries you, you never let me know..."

"Tarn..." The mother's heart was empty, looking at her son full of guilt. She only did it out of a lot of love and care, but she overlooked that these actions would harm her own son.

Tarn swallowed hard.

"Don't talk anymore. Please rest..." Tarn paused a little once he remembered something. "...I will bring you an amulet that Luang Pu gave me."

Tarn said hurriedly before darting to pick up a bag of amulets that Luang Pu had given him at the same time as Phaya and handed it to his grandmother.

"I will hold mom in my arms. Grandma, please help me put the amulet under the pillow."

Tarn held his mother in his arms for his grandmother to lift the pillow and put the amulet under it, and then laid her back on the mattress.

"The amulet that Luang Pu gave you, is it good to give it to me?"

"You're my mom and the amulet is mine. It should be okay to give it to you." Tarn raised her hand to kiss it gently. The mother smiled lightly and gently stroked her son's hair.