you never said that

With the interview and their song over, the four of them decided to head home. There wasn't much that motivated them to spend more time with each other outside of work. Well, for Björn and Agnetha, there were their children, and they were really good at juggling that. Frida finds herself in awe of Agnetha most days, too, because she was such an amazing mother–willing to set aside her own pain to give her children their best shot at a great childhood.

Frida was a child herself when she first became a mother, and while she did the best she could, the world still failed to see how good of a mother she worked hard to become. All those hurtful words that her children saw, all the degradation splattered on magazines for all of Sweden to see.

She diverted her focus from all that because it still hurts as much now as it did when she first read them.

There really was only one person in the world who understood her case, and that was Benny.

That's why it's hard to reconcile the man who used to comfort her in the middle of an interview when the press was drilling her to the same man who can't seem to stop himself from snapping at her publicly these days.

She still wasn't over his little snake quip a while back, and today, he told everyone she'd never recognized his talent. Of course, that was an outright lie; if anything, the only time she didn't care for his music was when he was in the Hep Stars, and that was just because she wasn't into pop music. But from the day they started dating to this day–a divorce fully finalized and he remarried with a new family, she still respects him professionally.

He tarnished her entire life in a span of five months, and yet he expects her to be nice.

When she saw the object of her pain emerge from his dressing room, their eyes meeting and molding together, she considered confronting him. She wanted to see if they could make their relationship just a tad more civil, but Frida decided it just wasn't worth it anymore, so she walked away. Still feeling the weight of Benny staring after her, she squared her shoulders.

Before she could open the door to the exit, she felt a force in her arm dragging her to a small storage room. As soon as the door shut, she screamed, "Benny, what the hell do you think you're doing?"

"I need to talk to you," Benny said nervously, "Sorry about the pulling. You were leaving, and I had to do something," he finished.

Frida looked towards the door behind Benny, trying to see if there was a way she could leave the room.

"Don't even think about it," he said suddenly, crossing his arms.

"I don't know what you're talking about," she responded with both brows raised.

"You're trying to see if you can leave the room, and I'm telling you right now that I am not letting you. We need to talk."

"There is nothing to talk about, Benny. I need to go. I have to be somewhere," she moved towards the door with force, only to be stopped by Benny.

"Move over," she whispered sharply.

"No."

"Benny!"

"Fri-da," he replied, mimicking her tone.

"I have nothing to say to you," she said, her patience wearing thin.

"Oh, of course you do," Benny responded with a slight chuckle.

Frida closed her eyes to calm herself down. He's baiting her! He actually wants her to explode.

Now, she has a choice to make here. She could either take the bait or be the bigger person. Be the bigger person, Frid. Don't give him what he wants! He doesn't deserve it.