You Had No Idea...

Red looked up at the ghostly tower, the haunting music of Lavender Town stuck in his head. He was afraid he might run out crying if he ran into anything too emotionally frightening, but he decided he should be strong this time, so he stumbled in. There were so many people, crying, moaning, mourning for their pokemon in the lobby of Pokemon Tower. What a welcoming name, for such a saddening place. But Red shook it off his shoulder, he didn't mind... for now.

He avoided anyone who tried to start a conversation with him, he just wanted to meet up with Blue. Blue had called him earlier, sounding rather grief stricken and angry, asking Red to come visit him in Pokemon Tower, and Red would never leave a friend in need alone. Red walked up the stairs until he heard the sad wails from  the next floor.

Red stood, heart-broken, as he found himself looking directly at Blue sobbing over a stone grave in the marble flooring. "B-Blue!" Red shouted his best-mates name, tears welling up in his eyes. Blue looked up at Red, his eyes red from broken blood vessels. He tried to utter something, but only came out as sad chokes. Red approached the poor boy, broken on the ground before his lost friend.

Suddenly Blue looked furious as Red drew closer. "It's all your fault! It's all your fault!" Blue mouthed. He covered his eyes and dropped to the floor. "Raticate!" Blue was finally able to wail. Red's heart began to pound. Raticate. Wasn't that the pokemon Red had caused to faint the last time they had battled on the S.S. Anne? Red felt like throwing up. He dropped to the ground next to his childhood friend, tears streaming down his cheeks.

"I-I had no idea.." Red managed to whimper just loud enough for Blue to hear. Blue uncovered his eyes, still red, and furious. He rose from his spot on the floor, letting out huffs of rage. Red looked up at his friend, very shocked. He'd never seen Blue so angry. Then again, his pokemon he'd raised since just age five, was killed by his best friend.

"Battle me! Battle me, right here, right now!" Blue threw the pokeball of his former companion onto the ground, then tossed out a new one, containing Wartortle. Red tossed out Charmeleon with shaking hands. This was it. This was the battle to end their friendship. "Wartortle! Use Watergun!" Blue shouted angrily at his pokemon.

Red just stood there, paralyzed as he watched Charmeleon almost fall over from the damage caused by his weakness. He wouldn't battle his best friend. He couldn't. But he had to. There was no way of fixing what was already long gone. "Charmeleon.. use Smokescreen.." Charmeleon obeyed. The room was soon filled with smoke, causing the two kids to fall into coughing fits, but this didnt stop them, they were still crying, fighting to stay up.

"I'll never forgive you for what you've done to Raticate!" Blue fought against the smoke, but Red could hear the dizziness in his former friend's voice. Red hadn't called for Charmeleon to stop his smokescreen, but Charmeleon was nowhere to be seen... nor was Blue. Red couldn't even see his hand in front of his face.

"Blue..." Red managed to choke out, then he gave way to dizzying darkness....