11. tutor

━ ━ ━ ━ ━TOUCHDOWNchapter eleven ꩜ tutor

━ ━ ━ ━ ━TOUCHDOWN
chapter eleven ꩜ tutor

now playing: hot rod by dayglow↻ ◁ II ▷ ↺

↻ ◁ II ▷ ↺

IT WAS A SHINY DAY, AS USUAL. The clouds weren't strong enough to hide the sun, and its rays were hitting Royal Woods with violence. Too hot to handle, summer slowly forcing spring to back down so it could finally take over although it still needed some months.

Lynn wished summer would come faster, 'cause she could not stand school anymore. Day after day, it was getting harder and annoying, and Lynn's brain could no longer process whatever was coming out of Ms. Tyte mouth. Her mind was elsewhere, overwhelmed by literally everything else, so she could just no longer accumulate more knowledge unless she had three months off school.

And she was failing history class.

So, she found herself in need of a tutor. Someone who could give up some of their time to help her pass the one exam that would define wether Lynn would graduate middle school or would get killed by her mother when she got home. She only had one chance, and she could not waste it.

And the hero to her story was Jules Chung, who was now, coincidentally sitting on her porch with a melting strawberry ice-cream and denim shorts, complaining about how hot it was outside (yet it was still better than inside).

"I cannot believe I agreed on this," Jules cried while Lynn put two history books and her notebook on top of the retractable table her mother lent her for this very specific occasion. "I feel like I'm going to die at any moment."

"I told you we could just do it at your house," Lynn reminded her, and Jules groaned.

"But it's too depressing," the blonde sighed. "Plus my parents have their day off, and I don't hate you enough to put you through that misery."

Another funfact about Jules' parents for Lynn's book: apparently sharing the same air as them could cause lethal distress.

"Speaking of depression, would you help me study the Great one?" Lynn asked so nonchalantly it made Jules day. The girl took another lick of her ice-cream and fixed her position to grab their history book and look for the info it was given in there, just as a reminder.