ACT 1 - THE CARPENTERS

Radio playing

[ Sawadee kha Khun Aawut,

You are the voice of Lampang, Thank you for making our days lively and filled with different colours through the music you bring to us.

Love from a dedicated listener Suchada.

Thank you so much Khun Suchada for your lovely letter. This is Heartwave Radio and I'm Aawut Thavisin, your host for this beautiful afternoon. I would like to thank all my listeners for always giving me so much love.

So, let's move on to today's requested song by Khun Suchada which is a special one, as it takes you to a nostalgic mood with this lovely English song "Yesterday Once More" by "The Carpenters."

🎶🎶 When I was young I'd listen to the radio, waiting for my favourite song
when they played I'll sing along, it made me smile 🎶🎶 ]

SCENE 1

As always it was a busy but soothing noon in the Lampang Public Hospital. With the weather a bit cooler everyone was working comfortably. Doctors and nurses were on their toes looking after the patients queuing up. The biggest hospital in the center of the city had been serving long to the people with its dedicated staff and government support. Afternoons were usually the rushed hours and it looked no less than chaos right now. Like there, sister Noi, the head nurse with the most experience is trying to console a child for an elbow scratch. She is always straightforward yet soft-spoken with an elegant smile, so even children are not scared of her.

"See, if you let sister apply medicine, you will get a lot of chocolate."

"Promise?" The child asks sniffling

"Pinky promise" Nurse Noi extends her little finger with a smile.

"Don't believe her child, she never fulfils her promise. My dinner date is still pending" Wardboy Thong comments in passing, more like sarcasm.

"Why don't you let us work Thong" nurse Preeya says passing by escorting a patient to OPD

"Sir, please wait here. Doctor Kimasath is on his rounds to the wards. He will be here soon. If you feel any uneasiness, call me. I am right here behind the desk" and the nurse goes inside the nurse's station getting busy with the patient charts.

Some nurses are out with doctors assisting in their rounds, and some in the nursing station preparing charts or checking emergency medicine inventory. Doctor Kimasath in his white coat embroidered with his name arrives after a while asking Thong to send patients in for their checkup as he enters his cabin.

As the number of patients reduces with time, the nurses relax a bit and some indulge themselves in random chatting.

"Aaaaa.....aaaaa...aaaa"

"Hey, are you okay? What happened " Nurses run towards a fellow nurse who is kneeling on the floor right now clutching her stomach.

"Pain, it's...it's paining sister...aaa"

"Her water broke. I think her water broke" some other nurse brought to notice.

some patients gather near the nurse's station hearing the commotion and talking among themselves what must have happened to the nurse. Sister Noi on noticing asks them to return to their respective seats.

"she is going into labour, Thong, Preeya, Get her admitted then take her to the maternity department."

"Oh my god, Sister Noi. How is this possible? She isn't due for another month. She didn't have any kind of complications too." Nurse Ploy says panicking.