Can't Handle It

Dan shoved a handful of popcorn unceremoniously into his mouth as he watched Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince by himself.
Phil had been gone for the past few days in Florida, so Dan was stuck by himself. Alone. So, so alone. Only when Phil was gone did Dan feel the need to have him around 24/7.
Harry was just giving his eulogy to Aragog when Dan's phone rang. He fumbled with the remote until he had paused the movie. It was a Skype call. He clicked "answer".
"Phil," he said, unable to supress a small sigh.
"Hey, Dan. Are you busy?"
Dan shook his head. "Just watching Harry Potter."
"Oh, cool..."
There was a pause.
"Erm, Dan... there's something I've got to tell you."
Dan's brow furrowed with concern. "Are you alright? What's wrong?"
"Yeah, I'm fine. I just wanted to talk to you about something that might... upset you."
Dan swallowed. "What is it?"
There was another pause. Phil looked down. "Dan, I think I want to move out."
Dan hesitated for a moment, then laughed. "Very funny, Philip Lester."
Phil gave a sad, tiny smile in response. "No, Dan. I'm leaving."
The smile slowly faded from Dan's face. He felt his hair stand and his heart sink.
"Phil..."
"I'm sorry, Dan. I just can't do this anymore."
Dan's eyes darted aimlessly around as he tried to rack his brain for whatever he did to upset Phil like this. He made a small noise with his throat, then coughed
"I... I don't understand. I thought we were happy..."
Phil sighed. "We were, Dan, I just... I need to move on. I won't be happy anymore if I stay."
Tears welled up in Dan's eyes. "What did I do wrong? I don't understand, what happened, I-" he burst into tears. "I love you. I thought... I thought you loved me."
Phil looked guilty. "I do love you, Dan, but..." the corners of his mouth started twitching, then broke into a grin. "You've been pranked!"
Dan blinked a few times, then started laughing and crying more with relief.
"Oh thank God," he said. "I was s-so scared and I didn't know what I would do without you."
Phil gave him his "I feel bad but that was kind of funny" smile.
Dan shook his head and rested it in his hands. "Why would you even want to do that to me?"
Phil giggled a little bit. "I did it for a video."
Dan quickly lifted his head out of his hands to stare at Phil. "You have some editing to do, then, because there was quite a bit of... personal stuff in there."
Phil looked down, seeming slightly disappointed. "I know, Dan. I promise I won't out us yet."
Dan put the heels of his hands over his eyes and rubbed. "I fucking hate you."
Phil only giggled at him again.