Simply One Hell of a First Day

The sounds of chains dragging along the rugged ground could be heard faintly. Everything seemed so distant yet so up close and personal at the same time. It was as if it all was existing and fading at the same time. A deep chuckle could be heard that gradually sounded like it was getting closer and closer. The man behind the laughter soon began speaking.

"It's time ..el- Go fo... and liv... -ther day." His words were nearly impossible to understand, and his face couldn't even be seen to be able to read his lips possibly. However, things were starting to just now clear up. "Your story is far from over. This is simply just the flip of the page into your book's next chapter." Now the man's started becoming visible, but only slightly. He was sitting on some sort of throne with six black wings behind him all while he tossed a pomegranate up into the air.

The scenery started to change and the winged man grew further and further away. Glimpses of a tree, a frozen lake, an obelisk, and two orbs of bright light could be spotted before soon returning to darkness like the surrounding environment.

Sounds of the ocean being cleaved through by the motion of the ship and the cawing of the seagulls flying nearby were the only things that could be heard on the top deck. There, resided Hifumi and Kiba who were both looking down at their friend sleeping without a care in the world.

"Jeez, just how can he be so relaxed right now?" Hifumi voiced aloud. "I'm absolutely freaking out of my mind!"

"Dunno," Kiba responded with a shrug. "Probably because he's been looking forward to doing this for the longest." He looked back down at the boy with a devilish idea popping up in his mind. "I can get him up for you if you want."

"And how exactly do you plan on doing th-" She cut herself off as her question was automatically answered. Kiba winded up and proceeded to smack the slumbering boy, waking him up immediately.

"I'm up! I'm here! What happened?!" He looked around in a state of shock before soon feeling the stinging sensation of the hit on his cheek. "Ow..." Kiba was on the verge of laughter, only keeping it together by the thinnest thread. "Not cool, man."

"Hey, not my fault that you're impossible to wake up in a normal way." Kiba shrugged before standing up, the grin remaining on his face.

"Are you okay, Soma?" Hifumi asked him in a worried tone, which received a nod to answer her question, before shooting Kiba a glare. "And you have to stop being an ass half the time, Kiba! You should know that it's not gonna fly at Eden. You'll get kicked out in no time."

Kiba fixed his sunglasses on the bridge of his nose as he looked down at her. "Oh, come on. There's nothing to worry about. I know when and when not to do things, Hifumi, it's not hard."

"Yeah, but you also don't know that you're extremely unlikable- like all the time." Soma chimed in, smiling.

"You two are my friends so I must be doing something right."

"Nah, we just tolerate you, nothing more."

"Why you-!" Kiba started running after Soma, the two laughing and grappling one another until a voice over the intercom could be heard.

"Attention, all new recruits. We will be arriving at the Tower of Babel's port soon. Please prepare yourself and your things to disembark."

It was time. This is the moment Soma's been looking forward to for god knows how long. He stopped messing around and went over to his bag, hoisting it up and onto his shoulder, while the others did the same with their own. Soon, the ship docked safely, and the gangway had been lowered. The trio walked down the steps along with all of the other recruits.