Chapter IV - Sorrow Raises

Alison's POV

I know the girls are worried about me because they have rushed to Emily's room. I'm thankful that they are very understanding that they gave me some space. Space to think what I really feel, to cry about it and just to let it go because it's been driving me crazy.

"I miss you so much. Why do I have to lie on myself every time when I'm with you? Emily, I love you and now I don't know if I'll get a chance to tell you how I really feel. I wanted to be honest with myself and tell the world that you are my everything.", I cried to myself feeling the warmth of Emily's jacket and wishing that instead she is hugging me. I didn't notice that I feel a sleep.

______________

Aria's POV

We left Alison in Emily's bed we understand her and we know that Ali will just lie to us on what she feels. So we all go back to the living room.

"It was a relief seeing her there.", Hanna said.

"A is still messing up with us and damn I got scared about Alison when we got the message.", I said. "A took Emily away from us and still A wants us to suffer.", Hanna said and very irritated. "I hate to say this but what if A is just getting started. I mean we still don't know what A wants from us besides making our lives a living hell.", Spencer said as she is thinking deep.

"I just don't like what A did to us and I can't sleep well at night.", I said. "All of us can't sleep well, we didn't sleep well last night.", Hanna said but I protest because Hanna was the first one who fell asleep last night. "I know what you feel, Aria. Finally my mother realized that I really need the sleeping pills.", Spencer said. "Wait, they stopped your sleeping pills?", Hanna asks. "Then if they cut your pills, how do you sleep with those nights without it?"

I gave Spencer a confused look. Then Spencer starts to answer Hanna's question. "I am taking pot to help me loosen up and calm my nerves as I did some research about it. They found out about it when Melissa got high. They even paid Melissa's doctor guarantee that it will remain confidential.", Spencer said which shocked us. "Spencer when did you start smoking? I didn't know Melissa is smoking.", I said very confused.

"No, we aren't. I'm not smoking it actually it's consumed as food. Melissa ate some of my cookies with pot. That becomes my parents calling call that I need the sleeping pills back or they'll end up with a pot user daughter. Perks of having parents who are both lawyers.", Spencer said and take a deep breathe afterwards.

I rub Spencer's back and say, "We're not judging you Spencer. It must been hard with you." Hanna nods as she agrees with me. "I couldn't sleep well if I'm alone. I need my mom to be there before I go to bed.", Hanna said. "They were just afraid that I will have a relapse on my drug abuse as you know my speeding history. But don't worry because my mom has supervising my medications very well.", Spencer told us. "We're here for you. Always remember that.", I said and hug each other again.

Then, Mrs. Fields got back home with groceries and she looks very sad.

"Thank you girls for keeping me company. Still there isn't any progress about Emily.", Pam said as she heads to their kitchen.

"You don't have to thank us, Mrs. Fields." I said and gave me a hug. "This is the least we can do and I know Emily will be worried if something happens to you.", Hanna said sincerely. "Emily sure is blessed with the greatest friends.", Pam said as she is holding herself not to cry.

"Alison is already discharged from the hospital and she's on Emily's room.", Spencer said. "Okay, then are you girls will be staying for the night?", Pam asked while she is reorganizing her groceries to the shelves. "We haven't talk about it but we will call our parents, is it alright with you?", I asked. "Of course you girls are very welcome. Please stop calling me Mrs. Fields. You can call me Pam.", Pam said who gave us a longer smile.