Chapter one: Table talk

The four kids watched the rest of their 'peers' play ball. In reality, they didn't like the others. Well– except for Scarlet. Scarlet was alright. After all, how could they hate on a 9 year old? She was the youngest child in the camp. The blue crop top she always wore would constantly get covered in dirt, mud, moss, grass, water, and icecream. Richard, one of the camp counslers would always be willing to clean it. Richard was a very emotional person, but he always tried to keep that smile of his. "Well that got boring." The 9 year old made her way over to the bench with the other 4. "You only played for 5 minutes." Ophelia pointed out with sass, tucking back her coffee brown hair behind her own ear. "Okay, like you could play longer than me." Scarlet growled. Ophelia got quiet. "Timers up, let's get back in the mess hall for lunch." Tony, the other camp counselor sighed. The kids playing ball groaned, dropping their props. "Yea, yea, sorry that you need food to survive." Tony rolled his eyes. Tony was a bit opposite to Richard. He complained about the kid's behavior, since he was sent to work at the camp for community service.

The mess hall smelt like the under cooked pizza they usually ate on Friday. Will looked over at Lilith, puzzled. Thing is, it was Wednesday. What happened to the macaroni Will was drooling for? "Heya kiddos!" The cook, Diane greeted, sliding plates with apple sauce and pizza to the children. "Hey Diane, what happened to the macaroni?" Will asked. "Who cares? It's pizza Will." Colton, one of the athletes teased, taking a plate. Silence crept over, watching Colton walk away. "So?" Lilith continued, circling her index and middile finger in a round boundry. "The batch went missing, I just can't seem to find it. Another bag will be here by Sunday." Diane shrugged. Although it usually wouldn't have been a big deal for Will, it kinda was. Since his mom had dragged him over to the summer camp for social skills, his friends and the macaroni helped him get past the sports and idiots.

"Whoever stole that batch needs to fess up, I want my macaroni." Will pouted. Corbin, another friend nodded as he stuffed his mouth with melting cheese. "I feel like Colton took it, I don't know, he seems pretty sus." Lilith squinted her eyes, piercing her orbs at the laughing boy from the other table. "Honestly, he's stubborn, rude, bossy, and unorganized." Opheilia counted his flaws with her fingers. "That doesn't list why he took it though." Scarlet replied, a bit confused. "Oh, no. Now I'm just insulting him." Ophelia formed her original satanic smirk. Will glanced over at Colton, envy and revenge slowly filling his veins. "Woah Will, it's just macaroni!" Corbin rested his hand on the 11 year old boy's shoulder.

Although it is a bit stupid, it's not just a simple dish of yellow pieces coated in cheese, it's the best in the area. To be fair, it's the only one in the area.