𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚝𝚠𝚘 - ୨ৎ

present day ˚ ༘ ೀ⋆。˚

HE stood with his back to her, his imposing silhouette framed by the large window in front of him. Her gaze trailed over his broad shoulders, tense as he crossed his arms. 

 "I heard you visited him again." 

He spoke to her like she was just another one of his soldiers to command, emotionless and with a hint of arrogance. Aera sighed, taking a seat on the edge of the bed. 

"You're awfully interested in his condition, aren't you?" Her husband turned his head slightly, and she caught a glimpse of his smooth, hardened features, illuminated by the moonlight. 

She fiddled idly with the embroidery in her dress. "Is it so wrong to care for our troops?" 

He scoffed. "We both know it's a bit deeper than that." 

He turned around, leaning back against the window sill. Aera watched as he stretched out his long legs, his arms still crossed tightly across his chest. On his right lapel, military badges glinted in the dim light.

There was a cruelness in his beauty. So handsome it hurt.

Dark hair fell in messy strands over his forehead, brushing against perfectly straight brows. He trapped her under his gaze. Perhaps in another life, she could admire him properly. 

In this life, duty was everything. 

She opened her mouth to speak, and she watched as his gaze immediately dipped to her lips. "I don't understand where you're going with this conversation," she said softly. 

Something flickered in his gaze, and in one smooth motion, he stood up straight. She could only watch silently as he crossed the room towards her. 

His cold hand came up to cradle her cheek, caressing it gently. Aera knew him too well to not misunderstand the gentle gesture for kindness. 

Tilting her head back slightly, he smiled. It didn't reach his eyes. 

"Let this be my first and final reminder..." he murmured. "I don't want to hear you visit Choi Beomgyu again."

He grasped her cheek a little tighter. "You can be good, can't you?"

She closed her eyes shakily, willing her heart rate to calm down. With a tense pause, she nodded. 

Finally, his dark eyes softened. "There you go..."

Aera didn't move away when he leaned down to capture her lips in his.