𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚝𝚑𝚛𝚎𝚎 - ୨ৎ

9 years old ㅤ ೀ ㅤ۫ ㅤ۪ㅤ۫ ㅤ ♡ ㅤ

 "TAKE a look, my girls." Her father urged her sisters closer to the edge of the balcony. 

Just below them, a group of young royal-guards-in-training were doing their daily warm up exercises in the field. They took turns sparring with each other, and the sight of their wooden practise swords made Aera giggle. 

"Our most promising batch yet," her father continued. "I'm sure they'll do well to serve you in the future, princesses." 

As her older sisters immediately took to scouting out the most handsome of the bunch, Aera spotted a familiar brown-haired boy towards the middle of the group. 

Caramel. She smiled softly to herself. 

She watched attentively, fascinated by his moves. He was agile and cunning, constantly evading his opponent to sneak in his attack. 

The King rested an arm over her shoulder gently. "Ah... Beomgyu's caught your attention?"

Beomgyu...

Aera looked up at her father, only to find him staring at the young man with a proud smile. 

"Discovered him myself," he said fondly. "he doesn't have any royal connections, but he makes up for it with hard work."

She watched as Beomgyu walked off the training grounds, accepting a towel from a fellow comrade. He wiped off the sweat that clung to his brown bangs. 

"13 years old and already with a bright future..." Her father smiled down at her. "He might just be the one for you."

Once the princesses reached the age of 12, they were able to pick their own personal royal guard. It was a lifelong commitment, and whoever they chose always ended up being treated as an additional family member. 

They attended every event, escorted their princess everywhere she went. 

As if sensing her gaze on him, Beomgyu looked up at the balcony, searching curiously until they locked eyes.

She flashed her gummy smile at him. 

He stared at her for a moment, before giving her a polite nod and looking away.

Aera knew it in her heart, then. 

She was going to pick caramel boy.