Chapter 12: Grocery Shopping

(**Art by lol_LEXy_ on X (Twitter) Also this chapter was too long so I had to split it into two parts Sorry not sorry <3**)

Even without a job, Saturdays are a nice breath of fresh air. A day where all the weights of the world are allowed to be lifted off your shoulders and you're able to relax for the next 48 hours until the weekday routine kicks in again.

Saturdays are nice. Because you can enjoy a cup of coffee while doomscrolling your social media feed and not have to worry about whether or not your attention span is growing shorter and shorter as you scroll.

And Saturdays are the nicest when you see a notification pop up from your crush at 11 am because it's the weekend and he's not working.

You stop doomscrolling to open the message.

"I think you left something here last night." A picture is attached: it's your wallet.

Ah, shit. How did that happen? You must've put it in your back pocket at some point in the evening and it must've slipped out at some point while they were in his apartment.

"Shit. Sorry," you reply "Can I come by real quick to grab it?"

"Mhmm. thumbs up emoji"

"Is that a jest?" There's no way he just used the thumbs-up emoji after last night.

"Shut up and come get your wallet."

You giggle to yourself and throw on some clothes and light makeup. You don't want to look like a complete cave goblin but you are just grabbing your wallet so you shouldn't put too much effort into your outfit.

About 30 minutes later you're knocking at his front door.

"Morning." He says as he answers the door a couple of seconds after you knock. He has your wallet in his hand and passes it over to you.

He appears to be dressed to go out, and by that you mean he's not in an oversized T-shirt and sweatpants. His hair is tied up in his stylized buns and he also has his shoes on which is the biggest giveaway.

"Thanks." You reply. "You going somewhere?"

"Mhmm, I need to go grocery shopping."

He bends down to start tying his shoes. The thought of him grocery shopping for him and his little brother is pretty cute. After a couple of seconds, you realize you are just standing in the doorway, staring at Choso, blocking his exit path. He's looking at you now.

"I mean. If you don't have anything else going on, I guess you can join but you really don't have to if-"

"LET'S GO!"

You grab his hand and start tugging him out of the door.

"Wa-Wait Y/N! I still need to grab my wallet!"

                                                                                       ↞↞↠↠

Watching Choso shop is enticing. It's much different than the way you shop. You tend to be swayed by advertisements and shop with your eyes and more often than not your cart ends up filled with lots of snacks and goodies. Choso, on the other hand, is very meticulous. He compares and contrasts items and brands. He often chooses off-brand products instead of the name brands, which is fair considering they usually taste or work the same and are simply cheaper.

"These are yummy! Oh, and these too!" Your sweet tooth starts kicking in as the two of you start walking through the snack aisle.

"Hm." Choso furrows his brows slightly. "One. You get to choose one."

"What?!" You give him a small pouty face.

"Yuji has the same rule. You are no exception." He pokes your cheek that you had puffed out due to your pout.

"Fine. Strawberry or chocolate?" You ask holding up the two snacks you had picked out.

"Get the strawberry," he says with a soft smile. You doubt he makes he makes the decision based on his preference.