Chapter 14: K BBQ

Choso's POV:

Sending a goodnight text shouldn't be this hard. He's lying in his room, on his bed. The only light is from his phone, illuminating his face. Y/N had sent him a goodnight text a couple of minutes ago with a heart emoji. He'd never been one to use emojis often but she'd like it, right? He couldn't convince himself to do it, however. It's such a simple thing but Choso doesn't want to do something because it's simple or easy. He wants to make her feel special. Or at least that's what he's convincing himself. He touches the microphone icon on his phone to send an audio recording; gives it a listen, cringes, and hits send before he changes his mind. His chest beating a little too hard for his liking.

Regular POV:

You notice an audio message pop up on your phone a little while after you've texted goodnight to Choso. Odd, was it a mistake? You press play fully expecting static or gibberish. But what you hear is the complete opposite.

"Good night Y/N" rings soft and gentle but deep and low in your ears. It resonates to your core, warming and tightening your chest. You can hear the smile in his words and care in his voice even though it's simply three words. It's something a text message would never be able to portray. You save it quickly before it fades out of existence. A smile plastered to your face.

                                                                              ↞↞↠↠

"What are you wearing out?" You text your boyfriend at 3 pm the next day.

"A black collared shirt and some jeans. Nothing too formal." 

"Mm. Show me."

A few minutes later you get a text from Choso with a photo attached. He's standing in front of his mirror, his phone covering his face. And as he stated, he is in fact wearing a black collared shirt. Long sleeve. And a pair of dark blue jeans. However, you can't quite tell if they are skinny jeans or not as the bathroom counter cuts off his lower half. A shame really. And whereas yes, you did kind of want to match Choso, this was ultimately a ploy to start saving pictures of him on your phone.

You opt to wear jeans as well. A lighter blue. Not skinny. And they roll up at the bottom to show off your Doc Martens. It was starting to get a little chillier outside but you knew Korean bbq was often paired with alcohol so just in case, you opted for a black graphic t-shirt, tucked into your high-waisted jeans and you'd bring along a cardigan (color of your choice) just in case you got cold. Now the two of you will match. But not TOO much.

The two of you decided that you'd drive to Choso's apartment and then you'd Uber from there. Just in case Shoko over-intoxicates the two of you, at least then Yuji can come to your rescue. Shoko sounds a little scary and very alcoholic. You think.

Around 4:30 you knock on Choso's door. He opens the door and lets you in. You notice him give you a quick once over.

"You look nice." He says quietly. A little awkward but meaningful and sweet.

You smile at him and say "You look very handsome yourself". It wasn't a lie. The dark shirt contrasted his pale skin nicely, bringing out the darkness in his eyes. You even noticed the hint of eyeliner barely noticeable, but adding definition and lushness to his eyelashes. Even his tattoo seemed to purposefully add to the dark and light contrast he had put on display. Maybe monotone colors do suit him sinfully well. Shit. You're staring.

You glance over to notice pink ruffles peeking over the couch. Lost in a world of their own.

"Hey, Yuji!" You make note of your presence.