The Truth

- The Truth -

JIMIN

"I want to stay with you. Please."

The woman's small mouth spoke so boldly, it took me by surprise.

Although I tried not to let it show, I was startled by her courage. Most people avoided me, but she was running after me.

Am I not intimidating enough for her?

I tilted my head down, staring into her large eyes, mine darkened at her seemingly innocent request.

It irritated me..the way she spoke her mind, and cared nothing about the consequences. I didn't trust anyone who acted as naive as they appeared.

As I remained silent, observing her with a fixed stare, she finally began to squirm nervously in her spot.

She parted her lips to speak, but I cut her off "what's your name?" I saw her visibly freeze in surprise at my question.

"A..Alaya" she murmured, her voice was soft. I wasn't sure if it was naturally so smooth or if she was just faking it.

Whatever it was, I couldn't trust her.

"Well, Alaya, do I look like I've lost my mind?" I snapped, frowning as I stepped closer to her. Her naivety triggered something inside me, and I didn't like it.

Alaya stepped back. I caught her by the forearm, pulling her back to myself. She gasped as her body hit mine.

I saw her gulp down, while I leaned down into her ear, lowering my gaze to her neck, watching her pulse throb under the heat of my gaze.

The warmth of her body sizzled around mine. I inhaled, deeply, listening to her hitched breathing.

A faint smell of vanilla fell into my lungs, as I murmured against her earlobe "I don't play games, Alaya."

I waited, feeling her body tensing up under me, her breath fell onto my cheek in a warm puff of shaky exhales.

"whatever you're planning, I won't fall for it. go home, or I'll be your worst nightmare." I warned, making sure the edge of my tone felt cold and distant to her. It was necessary to keep her away from me.

I stayed still for a while, letting my words sink into her brain. I slowly pulled back, curious to see her expressions.

As expected, I saw shock and nervousness.

she looked scared enough.

I held back a smirk, considering it a full-stop to our conversation. Loosening my grip on her arm, I looked away, turning around without awaiting her response.

A feeling of satisfaction settled into the pit of my stomach with each step towards home. The encounter with her had been interesting, but I wasn't going to lead her into my place just because she was asking for it.

I thought I had made myself clear to her, until the sound of footsteps behind me made me halt.

Perplexed, I threw a glance over my shoulder, seeing her approaching me.