INTRODUCTION!

ALTHEA CROSBY had always wanted to be famous ever since she was little when she danced around her room, pretending her hairbrush was a microphone and putting on a performance for her stuffed animals

ALTHEA CROSBY had always wanted to be famous ever since she was little when she danced around her room, pretending her hairbrush was a microphone and putting on a performance for her stuffed animals. So to help fulfill the dream of becoming famous she went to Hollywood Arts Academy. She always knew that she was different than everyone. Everyone is different. But the reason she was different from other students at Hollywood Arts was because she had some medical problems. Althea never was able to speak some words correctly because of being born with a cleft palate. There are different kinds of cleft palates people can be born with and the one she was born with caused her to not be able to pronounce certain words or even make certain sounds.

Althea lost count on how many speech therapies she went to throughout her life to help her get better with pronouncing the letters she was having trouble with pronouncing. She has come a long way from how she started out, but she still doesn't sound like how she wished she sounded. Her family and friends don't care about how different or even weird she sounds; they don't think she sounds different or weird because that's just her voice to them. Althea does care how she sounds when she speaks. She doesn't like how she sounds at all and always wished she sounded like every other normal girl. She was always teased and bullied because of her speech impediment which is why she resulted in learning sign language instead of speaking when she got into middle school.

What surprised everyone (and even herself) was the fact that her speech problem was not evident when she sang. She had an angelic and sweet voice whenever she sung. If you didn't know her, you would have never guessed she had a speech problem until you heard her speak. When she got accepted into the most prestigious performing arts school in the area, she was the happiest person alive. She finally was going to start working towards her dream which was to become a famous singer. She couldn't wait to attend the school and become more confident in herself and her voice. She was even more excited when she found out her best friend, André Harris, was going to the school as well.

Althea and André have known each other since they were babies. Their parents were friends and so their kids were always around each other growing up. They were the best of friends, practically inseparable. They had the same interests, same love for music, and the same desire to become famous. They always had each other's back no matter what. They have been there for each other through thick and thin, no matter how hard the situation. As long as they had each other, everything was fine. But it all changed when romantic feelings get thrown in and Althea finds out André wrote a love song for her.