𝚂𝙴𝚅𝙴𝙽𝚃𝚈 𝚂𝙸𝚇

𝙽𝚊𝚝𝚊𝚕𝚒𝚊'𝚜 𝙿𝙾𝚅

"Of course you're still the team captain" Stiles assures Scott as I walk with the boys to the lacrosse field "You got your grades up, just like Coach told you to, right?"

"Yeah, but he never told me I was back on the team-- he just told me to show up at try-outs today" Scott counters.

"We got bigger things to deal with, anyway. Did you tell Argent yet?" Stiles asks.

"Uh, I texted him, but he didn't get back to me" Scott replies hesitantly and I look at him in disbelief.

"Are you fucking joking?" I retort, smacking my brother upside the head and he whines with a glare.

"You told him his sister Kate came back from the dead over a text?" Stiles questions incredulously.

"I didn't have the money to call France" Scott answers sheepishly.

"Yeah, you think you got money problems? Try paying for an MRI and a visit to Eichen House" Stiles scoffs and I frown sympathetically, patting the boy on the arm.

"Another notice?" Scott guesses.

"Yeah. This one said 'final.'" Stiles confirms with a nod and then sighs "Now, what the hell are we doing here, anyway? We got like, one hundred and seventeen million problems, and worrying about our status on the lacrosse team is not one of them"

"It is now" Scott corrects and I follow his line of sight to the boys on the field.

I watch with raised brows as multiple boys rapidly throw balls at the goal and the goalie catches every single shot, not missing a single one. The skill this boy has is almost supernatural and it is very impressive to witness, even from a distance.

I whistle lowly, leaning against the railing with a grin as I watch the show and Stiles yanks me back next to him with a scowl.

"Who the hell is that?" The Stilinski boy demands in irritation.

"Nice, Liam! You might just be our first ever freshman captain" A boy I know as Garrett shouts, giving us the answer to Stiles' question as Liam pulls off his helmet to reveal his adorable smile.

"Awe, he's so cute" I coo and Stiles pokes me in the side with a deep frown.

"Okay, maybe we should just practice a little bit" Stiles mutters and I roll my eyes with an amused smile.

I sit myself down on the bottom set of bleachers and pull one of my great grandma's grimoires out from my bag, determined to read through them all. The boys jog away to the other goal to practice and I open the book to where my bookmark is, continuing from where I left off.

The feeling of a presence near me breaks my concentration after a while of reading, but I don't look up or let on that I'm aware the person standing there is watching me. I flip to the next page and cross my right leg over my left one, my denim skirt riding up a little as someone clears their throat.

"That's a pretty old looking book" The masculine voice finally speaks up and I tear my gaze away from the grimoire to see that it's Liam.

"Oh, the cute one" I chirp perkily and he raises a brow in surprise, but grins happily "Yeah, this thing is ancient. It's been passed down through generations"