Chapter 3

Eyeless Jack's POV

I wake up to a blaring alarm in my ear. Ugh, great it's already time to get up. I sit up and look over to Toby's bed to find that he is already gone, probably eating breakfast or something. Breakfast. Unfortunately, that is something I have to eat. I hate eating, and it doesn't make it any better that I have to eat kidneys. When I was in college, before the accident, I had an eating disorder. My "friends" helped me a little, and I was getting to the point where I would eat a little lunch every day, but I'd weigh it. Then I was sacrificed in a dumb ass ritual that left me with no eyes, a non-human body, and the limitation of only eating kidneys. If I don't eat them, I will die. Twice a day, I have to eat. Really, they aren't that bad, I just hate eating.

I roll out of bed and walk to my mini fridge in the corner of my room. I pull a kidney out of the fridge and bite into it. Once I'm done eating my food I go to the bathroom shower and brush my teeth, after that get dressed and head downstairs ready to start the horrid day. Well, the truth is I don't actually think it's going to be that terrible of a day because I have Toby now. I don't know what it is about him, and I just can't understand how anyone could possibly think he's annoying! Toby is so kind and funny, and cute, and he smells ni- okay I'm just gonna stop there. Speaking of Toby...where is he?

I walk out of our room and look down both sides of the hall. The left side is empty, but on the right Sally is playing red light, green light with Jeff. He may be an ass to everyone else, but he sure does have a connection with Sally. Anyways, since he isn't in the halls, he must be downstairs. I'm not even all the way down the stairs when I see Toby being cornered by BEN, Laughing Jack, and Nina The Killer. They're all laughing hysterically and Toby is ticing badly. I can see the tears that are balancing on the edge of his water line.

I'm about to interfere when Toby shoves Nina and BEN out of the way, then he grabs his axes from the little weapon cubby we have by the entrance, and storms out of the house. Furthermore, I go out the door, following Toby as he stomps off to the hatchet throwing targets in the yard.

Ticci Toby's POV

    "St-stupid fu-fucking BE-N and sg-hitty ass LJ! Oh, a-a-and don't ev-en get me-e star-started on tha-th-that bitchy, whore Nina!!!" I spit out, throwing a hatchet as I say each name.

    I am about to throw another hatchet when I hear a twig snap behind me, and before I can stop myself, I hurl my ax at whoever is behind me. When I turn around who I almost decapitated, I find a stunned Jack.

    "H-hollysh-shit Jack!" I say, running towards him.

    "Good thing I dogged it!" he says, laughing.

    "I-I-I'm so so-orry!" I apologize, grasping both his hands.

    I look down at our interlocked fingers, and quickly let go, a blush burning over my whole face. After a moment of awkward silence I walk over to the targets to pull my hatchets out of the worn wood, all the while sharing my very strong opinions on BEN, LJ, and Nina with Jack.

    "They are bitches," Jack confirms, watching me heave more hatchets at the targets.

    "Sometimes, when I go to kill a girl, I picture Nina," I nonchalantly add, throwing another ax.

    That's when I hear the most beautiful sound ever, well not really beautiful. Have you ever heard a dying donkey step on a goose with strep throat? Well, if you have, then you have heard something close to the laugh I hear come out of Jack.

    I star at him with a dumbfounded grin on my face, "I've ne-ver heard you l-laugh before!" I exclaim, running over to him and placing both my hands on his knees.

    "I-I...well I mean…I've just never gotten close enough to anyone here to actually laugh," he stutters out shyly.

    After I get over hearing Jack laugh for the first time, I sit down beside him and listen while Jack shit talks his least favorite residents, but all I can think about the whole time is how damn hard I'm falling for this boy.

Word Count: 788