11 : 59 pm

──── ☾

Raghav's fingers paused, hovering over the keyboard. The texts on the screen seemed to blur into a mix of black and white. He removed his glasses and rubbed his eyes. He leaned back against his pillow and stared up at the ceiling.

Import pickle. Define the function. Variable for the length of the loaded content of the file as a list. What next?

Raghav's eyes slid back down to his glaring computer screen. He could feel the exhaustion in his bones. He glanced at the time - 11: 59 pm. It was late. A flicker of realization sparked in his mind, leading to multiple thoughts jumping into his mind. It was late. He hadn't had dinner yet. He was hungry.

He pulled out of his bed and opened his cupboard. The snack box was empty. Raghav let out a long sigh, closing his eyes. It was quite the predicament he found himself in. All he had on him was water. 

The dorm's designated eatery wouldn't be open. Nor would the convenience store. Raghav slumped down on his desk, staring at his empty snack box. He rubbed his neck.

What was he going to do?

He tilted his head, his eyes landing on the stray pamphlet that was slipped through the gap between his room's door and the floor, a few nights before. He hadn't believed the pamphlet would come to any use, then. But something about it had made him want to keep it on his table. His instincts proved to be a good thing.

Midnight Kitchen Services! Open from 11:00 pm to 1:00 am. Delivery will be done to your dorm. Online payment only.

He blinked, picking it up, his eyes perusing the pamphlet. He flipped it over, to find the menu on the other side.

Soup Maggi
Grilled Paneer Cheese Sandwich
Plain Veg Sandwich / Egg Sandwich
Dosa - Plain / Podi / Masala / Wheat
Idly - Plain / Podi / Ragi
Masala Fried Egg
Masala Fried Potato
Tawa Paneer Roll

Amya Packaged Greek Yogurt
Amya Packaged Lassi
Amya Cold Coffee Can
Peach / Mango / Lime / Litchi Soda can

Call or message +91 8750 XXXX to place your order!

The pamphlet turned out to be a lifesaver. Raghav glanced around the room and located his phone, before typing in the number in his contact list.

His fingers paused, hovering over the message option. Would they see the message? His fingers moved to the call option. It would be better to call.

He tapped on the icon and pulled his phone close to his ear, perusing the menu once again. The rings went on. With each ring, his exhaustion seemed to settle in his body, pulling him down and making  him feel the toll it had taken on his body.

The rings suddenly stopped. Raghav braced himself for a cheery, preppy voice. 

"Hello, welcome to Midnight Kitchen Services. What can I get you?"

The question was, surprisingly, posed gently, as if aware that him being on the receiving end of loud enthusiasm would only have a negative effect, than it's intended positive one.

"Hi. Can I get a Podi Dosa and a Mango Soda?"

"Sure. Is that all?"

"That will be all." His voice dropped down to something like a croak. He cleared his throat.

"Cool. The total would be 150 rupees. The bill will be messaged to you. Your name?"

"Raghav. I will have to pay it online to this number, right?"