CHAPTER 7- A dream come true

Most of the room's lights are turned off, excluding a rather dainty lamp on a side table near the leather sofa. It's just enough to barely illuminate the room, casting quite the atmosphere.

On an intoxicated whim, you lean into him. Your lips brush against his as you speak, "May I kiss you?" His bronze-coloured eyes are partially covered by his dark eyelashes, his crooked nose is decorated by barely visible freckles. From close up, you can easily observe Francis' perfection in it's entirety. Small details you'd missed, you can finally appreciate. Resting your hands on his shoulders- by the base of his neck- you feel the almost silk-like texture of his uniform. His usually pale skin begins to contain a pinkish-tint as you look up at him.

A piece of his hair falls from it's slicked back position as he replied, "Go ahead."

Without a moment of hesitation, you move forward, planting a kiss upon his lips. They're addicting, soft, sweet. The taste of wine lingers on his breath, mingling with your own. Your hands move to cup Francis' face, as he wraps his arms around your waist- slipping them underneath your blazer and gripping your shirt lightly.

A few seconds have passed, you reluctantly let go for air. You could continue forever- you wish for your fate to be just that- but you didn't have the time to. While you take off your blazer as you're too hot to keep it on, Francis removes his bow tie. It joins his milkman hat, discarded on the floor.

"This uniform really is suffocating..." he complains.

Before he can whine for longer about his work outfit, you cut him off with a quick peck on the lips. Your heart thumps harder in your chest, face even redder than Francis' was.

"Hm..." he breaks the kiss, "Would you like to be some kind of... secret boyfriends?"

Giggling, you reply, "Of course. Forbidden love- what a stereotypical romance trope."

"Stereotypical doesn't necessarily mean bad." he lays down on his back slowly and lowers his head into your lap, grinning up at you. More of Francis' hair comes loose from it's ideal place, obscuring his face. You gently brush the strands from his skin using the back of your hand, caressing his cheek when done.

A curtain cracks open, it's position too precarious to remain. The moonlight seeps in, throwing a silver-ish beam across the room. It cascades down the walls and brightens his face significantly- eyes shimmering in the luminescence.

"You're really quite handsome. You know that, Francis?" you murmur, half hoping he wouldn't hear.

His delicate lips curve into a smile. "You flatter me. You're quite beautiful as well, though."

"I love you, Francis." you say.

"I love you too, (your name)." he replies.