🌑🌸Oneshot: Summer Camp AU

This is a mortal AU, all the characters are the same just not demigods. They attend a summer camp and it's Nico's first day, his friends, (mostly Percy), convinced him to go. Most of the people at Camp Half-Blood attend this camp along with other mortals. Will's a 16 year old counselor and Nico's a 15 year old camper.

Also this one shot is pretty long 😬 so heads up

(Not dating)

•••

Nico's P.O.V:

It was too hot.

Why did summer camp have to be in the summer? The sun was always beating down, making Nico practically blind. And how was he supposed to wear his jeans when it was almost hundred degrees! Nico hated summer. Especially summer camps.

"Come on! I'll show you around, this place is awesome! I've been coming since I was like seven." Percy says, yanking Nico into the gates of camp.

"This is absurd, why are there animals running around?" Nico grumbles, lifting his foot to avoid stepping on a chicken.

"It's a farm, too, they let the campers hang out with the animals. It's so cool." Percy explains cheerily.

"Why is it so hot?" Nico complains, fanning himself with his shirt.

"Maybe because you're wearing black." Percy points out, rolling his eyes.

Nico scowls and scans the camp with his eyes. The campers seemed to be ages 9-15. But many older teens roamed around, wearing camp counselor T-shirts. One counselor, who had golden curly blond hair and sun tanned skin was tending to a young campers cuts. He was talking to the kid in a honey sweet voice, reassuring him that'd he'd be A-okay. Nico couldn't help but stare.

"Who's that?" Nico asks, gesturing to the counselor.

"Oh, I think his names Will. He's been a counselor for a while." Percy says, following Nico's gaze.

"But he looks our age? Why aren't we counselors?" Nico questions.

"Well, you have to had attended here for at least two years and shown you're good with kids. You need to be fifteen and older too." Percy says.

"Will's been here even longer than I have, he's amazing with kids, and he's handy with a med kit. I swear that dude will be a doctor one day." Percy continues, as Will gives the camper a bandaid and ruffles his hair, making the kid giggle.

Nico draws his gaze away from the counselor as he stands up. Nico definitely didn't want to be caught staring.

"Now, if we're done checking out people, I want to show you the goats." Percy says, making Nico's face flush red.

•••

All the campers were seated on bales of hay, listening as the head of camp, Janice, explains the rules.

"-and the most important rule, have fun!" She says, spreading her hands.

"Now, time for your camp groups. When I read your name, find the said counselor." Janice continues, peering down at her clip board.