6. MY PAST

Morning came and with it an apprehension. Mew had gotten up hours ago. I still sat on the bed. I slowly picked up my helmet. It seemed to mock me with its presence. I hated it, but I just could not part with it. I looked at the guitar case and smiled. It was safe. I put my cloak on chilled by the thought of revealing who I was to this woman. I quietly went over to the doorway and peeked into the other rooms. Anna was taking care of old bandages the Pokémon had on the night before with a care I had seen very few humans possess. She was quite kind. I could do this. She really seemed pure in her actions and actually enjoyed taking care of and loving Pokémon. I must know for certain that I can trust her. Get her completely alone. Just her and me. It would be the perfect time to act on her part. I could catch her trying to take me back. I should trust her, but my mind and heart would not allow me until I have eliminated all possibilities she will not betray me. I learned the hard way not to trust people who want to help you. I slowly approached her.

"I would like to talk to you. Would you like to go for a walk with me?" I ask.

"Sure. I'll get finished up here and then we can go out." She said with a smile. The same friendly smile she always has. Please do not betray me. I nodded and waited. It took a few hours, but once everyone was taken care of and she checked Pikachu out, we left for the woods around her house. To say I was nervous is an understatement. Very few things scare me and my Creator is one of them. We slowly moved deeper into the forest. I was following her so my apprehension was on full alert. "Well, we are here. We can talk now. What is it you wanted to tell me." She said. I waited, but nothing happened I had to make idle conversation. One thought did cross my mind. A morbid question, but one I would not think she would be unable or unwilling to answer.

"I really did not want to ask this in front of the other Pokémon. It might be a touchy subject especially after a disaster like we have experienced. Have you found bodies? Pokémon that did not make it through the storms." I asked. I did indeed wonder just how bad the Pokémon of this region faired during these intense storms.

"I am sad to say I have found several actually. We can't save them all. The worst ones go to the Pokémon Center for treatment. Some have passed away due to their injuries while staying there. It's sad, but it can't be helped. I'm saddened every time a Pokémon looses their life." She said said. Oh. Well, I suspected there would be casualties. I got my answer.

"That is quite sad." I said.

"We had a flock of 300 Pidgeies, Pidgeotto, and Pidgeot that got desimated by hail." She said.

"I can understand the injuries that would come from being out in hail." I said a shiver running down my spine. No doubt some of them got bludgeoned to death by hail. Mothers and fathers sacrificing their own bodies to protect their chicks and eggs. It is enough to make you weep. Pokémon moves do not usually kill thought the Under Ground rules are different than regular and regulated Pokémon battles. "Did you....have to remove...." I could not hardly say it, but she understood.

"Yes. A few. They were completely fine underneath. Not a scratch on them." She said.

"Their sacrifice was not in vain." I said. She hugged me suddenly. Comfort and effection are not my strong suits, but I wrapped my arms around her. Why did I worry? She is wonderful. She is not going to capture me and take me to my Creator. I need to learn to trust a little. Her hug seemed so safe that I let out a breath I did not even know I was holding. I had been so startled and concerned by her hug I held my breath. I allowed her hug to soothe me. This woman is someone I can trust. I know it to be true now. I can tell her tomorrow. I can tell her about me. She will not judge me. She will understand me. I shall tell her who I am tomorrow. She let go of me and smiled. I just nodedd my head. No words were needed in this exchange.