1. 42

It's like a polaroid loveSarang chonseureon geu gamjeongGeunde nae gaseumi ttwieoWae na irae na

Sarang chonseureon geu gamjeong
Geunde nae gaseumi ttwieo
Wae na irae na

Her eyes narrowed as the familiar ringtone echoed, causing her to let out a mental sigh of relaxation. This song had become ingrained in her heart - how could it not?

It belonged to her favorite K-pop group, Enhypen, the very group that had stolen her heart from the moment she laid eyes on them.

What initially started as enthusiasm had quickly turned into a deep love and admiration for the group. She would spend hours stalking them online, until her eyes couldn't take it anymore.

Despite being tight on money, she would save up to buy their albums, even if it was all she could afford.

As she rubbed her eyes, feeling the tiredness consume her, she sat up and looked towards her window. The sunlight was peering through the minimalist curtains, causing her to groan as she felt the ache in her back from the awkward sleeping position.

Her eyes then landed on her phone, placed on the dark wooden table beside her bed, still ringing with the same ringtone.

She lightly bopped her head to the song as she reached out to pick up her Samsung smartphone.

Opening it, she immediately closed the song and navigated to the Kakao texting app, where her inbox was flooded with over 20 messages from her best friend. Her eyes quickly focused on the time displayed at the top of the screen.

Yebun's eyes widened in realization as she hurriedly noticed that she was running late for her last day of school before vacation.

With the knowledge that it was already summer, she knew that getting any later would result in serious trouble with her teachers.

Without wasting any time, she quickly got up on her feet and rushed to the bathroom to get ready. Emerging from her room, she swiftly put on her knee-high white socks and made her way downstairs.

Although she hadn't given much thought to her outfit, knowing that the vacation would begin after today, she still dressed coolly based on the advice of her best friend.

She wore a black plaid skirt that reached her inner thighs, along with an oversized shirt tucked neatly inside.

Due to the intense heat, she pulled back her shoulder-length hair with a scrunchie. Her makeup was simple yet flawless.

As she descended the last steps of the staircase, she was met with her mother's angry expression.

Her mother stood with one hand on her hip, while the other held a big spoon.

"Hey! Bong Yebun, do you know what time it is? I told you to stop ogling those K-pop boy groups, yet you stayed up until midnight drooling over them!" her mother scolded, delivering a smack to Yebun's head with the spoon, causing the younger girl to groan in pain.