Chapter 5

A/N: Hi pookies😚

    Stirring from my slumber for what felt like the umpteenth time this morning, I angrily yanked the sleep mask from my eyes, patting my nest of a hair over my head. Those precious moments of uninterrupted rest were a rarity and I cherished each second of it dearly. Yet, my peace was interrupted by a loud disturbance emanating from downstairs.

Eventually giving up on my futile atempt to sleep, i stood up, pulled the robe over my body and marched angrily towards the door.Not that I harbored any judgment toward his lifestyle choices still It better not be Andrew and his new man for the week, as much as i loved the guy he was a manwhore.

Pulling the door ajar, walking down the stairs, the noise got louder. Crossing my hands over my chest, i walked towards the source of the noise. The word surprised couldn't even describe how it felt looking at the scene that played in front of me.

Alexa and Jordan stood in the kitchen with an apron tied to both of their bodies. Flour littered both of their clothes and Jordan stood near the oven trying to remove something from the oven. While they both moved to the beat of Nikki Minaj-superbass. Alexa shaking her bootie as she screamed the lyrics along with the speaker. A faint memory crossed my mind at the scene.

*Flash back *

Humming some sound i didn't know as i whisked the egg in a bowl, i had a bubbling feeling today. Taking the cookies from the oven, the door bell rang. Rushing over i opened the door then hung my arms around my husband Victor as he spun me around. He looked quite worn out, but his grey eyes and tall lanky frame made him stand out. The tie of his suit out of place as a few buttons were popped off too.

" I missed you babe" he spoke softly into my brown hair i had washed moments ago. I used his favorite scent coconut on my hair. "You smell good babe but whatever you're baking smells better "

"Traitor" i chuckled then moved back from him, assessing him" You look stressed, everything okay? " i asked. Although i guessed it had more to do with the fact that, we decided swapping positions at the company and he would run the company for a while. While i took a sick leave. Marrying Victor under everyone's approval proved to be no easy task and getting all to trust him was proving to be such a hastle. You always had to prove yourself to the company, a rule that kept my parents company standing through the years.

How about we dismiss each and every one of them, darling?" he mused, his expression resembling that of a petulant child.

" ohh vic common, They tested me so much when my parents stepped down and i became the head. Its normal they do that. Besides, most of them are people my parents trusted so much. We cant fire any of them. They grew the company from the start. They technically own it" i explained " We're doing this so they can see how much potential i see in you, besides being a housewife is not half as bad" i giggled going back to the oven.

Snaking up behind me and wrapping his hands around me " I love you paige" he spoke picking a cookie and putting it into his mouth.
" Love you more victor"

*End of flashback *

" Morning Irena" Alexa greeted first since she was the first to notice me and turned down the music a bit.

" Good morning to you too" Jordan smiled at me mockingly " You might want to take a seat--"

" Get out of my kitchen. Both of you" i sneered softly first as tears threatened to escape my eyes.

"Calm down Tiger, its ju--"

" Get out!" i shouted picking up the tray of cookies and throwing it against the wall.