CSAM - 11

Tolani's POV - A few days later, at home 2:34pm...

"Lani can I talk to you for a minute?" Malcom asked me, standing by my bedroom door.

"If you must...what do you want?" I asked him, and he looked like he was on edge about something.

I hadn't spoken to Ant in a few days, but I figured he was just busy.

"Malcom?" I urged him to start speaking, I hated when he got like this and I wasn't in the mood to be dealing with all this today. "Cat gotcho' tongue or something? What is going on with you?"

"It ain't nothing. Can I borrow your car? I got something to sort out" he asked me and I immediately shook my head no.

"So you get my nerves all the way up just to ask my for my car...? Absolutely not. I need it cause I'm bout to go to the store" I stood up so he could get the hint to get away from my door. He sucked his teeth, muttering something under his breath. "What was that?" I shouted down the hall to him and he flagged me, slamming the door behind him.

I was already dressed for the day, so I put on my pink fluffy crocs and my black jacket and headed out. Our street is so unpredictable with the parking, but last night I got some right outside the house which was good.

I got in and turned on my Spotify driving playlist, which is basically just filled with my favourite songs. I put it on shuffle and the first song that started playing was Welcome To The Party by PartyNextDoor.

I pulled off, and started on my journey.

***

"Yeah and get me some of that cut up watermelon" my mom said through the phone as I stood in cold fruit section of the store. I rolled my eyes up playfully at her before placing it in my cart.

"Anything else ma?" I asked her, adjusting my phone to my ear.

"No sweetie, thank you" she told me, and I hung up.

I placed my phone into my pocket before continuing on to the snacks section. I was really craving some chips. I turned into another aisle and saw Anthony's mom.

My heart began to race for some weird reason, and I felt a need to impress her. She hadn't seen me yet, so I took it upon myself to go over to her. "Hey Ms Nikita; how are you?" I asked her, and she looked up at me, and away from the veggies chips that she was inspecting.

"Tolani" she smiled faintly, almost as if she didn't want too. "I'm great" she replied and I smiled. I noticed how she didn't ask me how I was, but maybe she just didn't think of it. "I'm actually in a rush though, so I have to get going, bye!" She began to walk away, placing 3 packs of the veggie chips in her cart as she did.

It didn't really seem like she was in a rush, but I didn't want to assume she was lying.

Weird.

I got to the cashier, paid for all my stuff and left. That whole thing just kinda dampened my mood.

***

Entering the house, the air was full of cologne, the house was loud and I was already irritated. I shut the door behind me and Malcom came jogging down the stairs, going down 2 at a time. "What is all this?" I asked him and he ran a hand down his face, already knowing I was about to get on him cause I was.

Our mama was gonna be home in a few hours, and I knew she hated when his friends came over. But when it came to my brother, her bark was usually worse than her bite.

"Don't go tripping on me, mama is out till late, she's meeting with one of her friends or something, plus, I asked her" he explained and I rolled my eyes up at him.