Shift Complete

Even though my shift was over, I sat back down on my chair to process everything that had just happened.
Fredbear. Fredbear was in my office. And he didn't walk in either. He just appeared out of nowhere! Nowhere! How's that even physically possible? And how'd he affect my senses? How?! Besides, Fredbear shouldn't even be at the pizzeria! He was at a whole other location, wasn't he? The diner! That's where he was! Fredbear's Family Diner! What's he doing at Freddy Fazbear's Pizzeria?

Also, what did he mean by "It's Me"? Is he messing with me? Does he recognize me? But how? The animatronics' A.I. wasn't that advanced back then...

What if he is too? But by whom?
No...
No, it can't be. It can't!

"Hey, Mr Schmidt!"

I whipped around and glared at a startled teenage day-guard.

"Um... ya good, Mr Schmidt?"

"Oh- yeah" I replied awkwardly. "All's good, Toby."
Knowing him, Toby was about to respond with, "O... kay?" therefore ending the conversation.
But I decided to hit him with a question before he did.

"Did Fredbear get transferred here recently?"

Toby raised an eyebrow.
"Fredbear? Who's Fredbear?"

"Um... another bear animatronic. Looks like Freddy but golden... uh, decommissioned, most likely."

"Oh! The one from that spoopy legend the nightguards keep making up and passing down. Yeah, I've heard of him, but most people usually call 'em Golden Freddy. At least you're a little creative."

"'Spoopy' legend? No, Fredbear exists. I saw him as a kid. And he was in my office last night, I think."

"Ya 'think'?"

"I mean, I can't really be sure... but I think it was him."

"I dunno, man. You're prolly just sleep deprived or somethin'"

"No... no I'm pretty sure what I saw was real. I'm not that sleep deprived."

"Yeah, yeah. You ain't foolin' me, man. Plenty of nightguards before you told me about Golden Freddy. I looked everywhere. Found no sign of the thing."

"I'm not trying to fool you, I actually saw him!"

"Sure. Whatever you say, boomer."

Toby proceeded to push past me into the Security Room.

"Dang man! You used up practically all the power! What were you doin' in here? Having a party?"

"Chica was giving me a rough time. Not to mention; Foxy ran into the door and that took up some of the power."

"Fine, don't tell me."

"I'm telling the truth!"

Toby rolled his eyes in the most dramatic manner I could imagine.
"Y'know, man, I'm tired of you nightguards tryna scare me with all these horror stories 'bout the animatronics. I know I'm a 'kid' and all, but I ain't dumb. The animatronics are inanimate, unless they're powered on in the morning! Even then, they don't leave their stage!"

"Who told you that?"

"Jeremy did, of course!"

"And Jeremy knows everything, apparently?"

"'Course he does! He's one of the oldest nightguards for Fazbear's! Now leave me alone. I got work to do."

I stopped myself from pointing out that Jeremy Fitzgerald was missing a chunk of his brain; one that got bitten off by an animatronic back in '87. Not to mention, that same Jeremy randomly grabbed me by the shoulders one day, yelled, "THE CHICKEN LIKES BLOOD!" and proceeded to run off without any further explanation. I guess he thought either Chica or some other real chicken was bloodthirsty, which either proves my statement or his insanity.

Poor guy. He didn't deserve the trauma Fazbear's put him through. No one did.