Unforgotten Memories

All the memories started to flash in front of Neel's eyes as the taxi passed the gate of MAD, A few months ago, MAD was his everything. Even he is not aware when his heart began to follow something else. Before, no matter what kind of problem, he could find a solution just by dancing his heart out. But now, it doesn't seem to work at all. that person who made him like this is nowhere to be found. He can't even find himself either. To find himself, he must leave. He should leave MAD, his friends, family, and everything.

Neel inhaled deeply and turned to face the driver seated in the driver's seat.

"To the Airport." 

................................................................

Dehradun is crowded as always. The noise can give someone a severe headache at any point. A multitude of vendors offer a wide variety of goods. There is a dispute between buyers and sellers regarding the products' price. A few vendors are at odds with one another. Those incredibly strange noises were all over the street.

A woman who is in her late 40s hurried towards a farm shop to buy some chicken. She seemed rushed but also excited as she met her loved one after a long time. Once she had what she desired, she made a beeline for her home.

"Malang...son, look I got you chicken. You like to eat chicken curry, right? I'll call you once it is ready." She said, looking at Malang who was drowned in his thoughts, lying on the bed. Malang got a mini shock from the sudden noise of his mom and got back onto the earth.

"Ah? Maa, what did you say?" Malang asked as he didn't hear anything she said previously.

"eh, what happened to you son? You have been like this since you got home."

Mrs. Dingwani sat beside Malang who was still lying on his bed with depressed eyes. She gently caressed his soft hair and looked into his eyes. Malang felt uncomfortable with that gaze and looked away instantly.

" Maa, I'm fine..." he said without looking at her.

" I know you are upset because your father stopped you from doing what you loved the most. But son, could you try to understand him a bit? He is doing that for your future."

"For my future? Maa, you are always taking his side... have you ever considered my feelings? What do I want? I'm really... screw it...never mind... nothing will change anyway..." Malang's voice was soft and cracked. Even his mother could feel his pain through his words. But there was nothing she could do about that. She will never go against his husband. Malang is right. So, she decided to be silent.

After Mrs.Dingwani left, he lay on his bed again. He felt so lonely. He is missing his friends, Rihanna, and a guy who made him confused. A guy who he doesn't want to miss. He wants to erase that guy from his memory, completely. But it seems a little bit impossible because in almost all the memories he has in MAD, that guy is involved.

Rihanna is the right one, Neel is a big mistake. That's no way. Malang knows that. And he doesn't want that. Right? Malang's feelings towards Rihanna are genuine. He really loves her. He can bear anything she does to him even if it is extremely painful. But Neel was always there for him. He backed him up. That guy went against his own sister, just to save him. That guy who knows Malang's favorites. He will be there for Malang, no matter how cold Malang acts towards him. Same as Malang's feelings for Rihanna. Malang knows how it hurts when she suddenly gives him cold shoulder. How bad things Rihanna has done to him, isn't that the same as what he did to Neel?

Malang is fully aware of that. And of course, he knows how Neel feels about it too well. But what can he do? He is not into him. Right? But that kiss... those feelings... right... those are also some mistakes... that is it... Malang is not into guys. So, it must be a mistake. Neel is completely a mistake.

It has been a month since Malang arrived home. Even though he wasn't a talkative guy when he was on campus, it was different when he was with his family. He is always chilling with his parents and his older sister. Even though his father isn't very supportive of things Malang likes, he loves him so much because he is the youngest in his family. Though his father is not rich, he always tries to fulfill his responsibilities to his kids. That's why he hates dancing as a career. He is afraid that Malang will never find a way to survive in the future. but since Malang arrived home, He became aware of his distinctions. He doesn't speak as much as he formerly did. The man who had never skipped a meal before was indifferent to it until his mother made him eat at this point. Did he do something wrong?

Malang on the other hand, his memories of MAD still as fresh as they used to be. He doesn't remember a day he slept more than two hours. And the things that he did to Neel always pop up in his mind. Now he is guilty. He wants to meet him, talk to him, and apologize to him. That's all he needs now. His urge to see him is getting worse day by day. It doesn't seem like he will ever forget.

He took his phone and opened the gallery. He spent hours looking at the group photos. Without him knowing, he zoomed in a few photos just to see Neel more clearly.

'Always net shirts or arm cuts. Why can't he wear something normal? Is he showing off his abs? disgusting' that's what he thought. But he didn't forget to zoom in to see Neel's perfect abs.

"Malang...Malang..."

"Why??" Malang put his phone down on his bed and responded to his sister Naina's voice.

"Could you come here for a bit..." Naina shouted from her room located next to Malang's. He chuckled and lazily got down from the bed and slowly walked towards Naina's room.

"What?" Malang was annoyed and asked.

"Did you see a yellow colour file? It was about my latest case. Help me find it." Naina told him while turning her own room upside down.

"I don't know. I didn't take it. Find yourself." Malang was about to leave.

"Do you want to go to the law school?" Naina gave Malang an evil smirk. Malang annoyingly turned back and frowned at her sister before starting to check for the file. Naina is 7 years older than him, and she is currently working as a lawyer. Their father wants Malang to be a lawyer too.

"Let me check your room too... I don't trust you a bit." Naina said and rushed towards Malang's room. As she left the room Malang jumped onto Naina's bed and stretched his hands and legs.

Naina couldn't find the file, but she messed up Malang's room. She was about to leave before Malang arrived, but she stopped as she saw something weird. She saw a picture of a guy on Malang's phone. She stared at it for a moment before picking up his phone and then she realized it was zoomed. She found it a little weirder. But she didn't think about it much and left the room. 

Mr. Dingwani, Malang's father, arrived home earlier than usual. His face looked serious as always but there was a little bit of excitement shown this time. Malang was at the dinner table, but he didn't bother to look or smile at his father. Mr.Dingwani walked straight towards Malang and stood next to him. Malang slowly looked at his father. He had no idea what the heck he did wrong this time. He felt anxious and nervous.

"Umm take this..." Mr.Dingwani took Malang's hand and gave him something. It was a letter. Malang was all confused. He looked at his sister and mother and they nodded, signaling him to check it. He opened it. It was a letter from MAD. A letter to confirm his continuation of his classes. He was still confused and looked at his father.

"Go, we don't want to see your grumpy face anymore. Make sure to have a career. Make us proud." Mr.Dingwani said, patting Malang's shoulder. Malang had no words to say. he didn't have to. Because his tears clearly expressed his feelings. He hugged his father, and his mother and sister turned that hug into a group hug.

____________________________________

Hi guys! First of all, I don't know Malang's surname, so, I used actor Harsh Dingwani's surname.

Apologies if there are any grammatical errors. if you enjoy, please vote and leave a comment. and tell me about your thoughts about Neel and Malang too...

Have a good day!